下载每日英语听力APP,解锁双语字幕及更多学习功能!
Good morning.
早上好。
I've just been to Buckingham Palace and accepted His Majesty the King's invitation to form a government in his name.
我刚去了白金汉宫接受了国王陛下的邀请,并以他的名义组建政府。
It is only right to explain why I am standing here as your new Prime Minister.
我应该解释一下,为什么我会作为你们新首相站在这里。
Right now, our country is facing a profound economic crisis. The aftermath of COVID still lingers.
目前,我们的国家正面临着一场深刻的经济危机,新冠疫情的余波仍然挥之不去。
Putin's war in Ukraine has destabilized energy markets and supply chains the world over.
I want to pay tribute to my predecessor, Liz Truss.
我想向我的前任,利兹·特拉斯首相致以敬意。
She was not wrong to want to improve growth in this country.
她想促进这个国家的经济增长并没有错。
It is a noble aim and I admired her restlessness to create change.
这是一个崇高的目标,我钦佩她不屈不挠来创造改变的态度。
But some mistakes were made, not born of ill will or bad intentions.
但有些已经犯了的错误并不是出于恶意或坏心眼。
Quite the opposite, in fact. But mistakes nonetheless.
事实上,这些错误恰恰是出于好意。
And I have been elected as Leader of my party, and your Prime Minister in part to fix them.
而我被选为我的政党(保守党)领袖,你们的首相,部分原因就是为了纠正这些错误。
And that work begins immediately.
这项工作会立即开始。
I will place economic stability and confidence at the heart of this government's agenda.
我将把经济稳定和信心作为本届政府议程的核心。
This will mean difficult decisions to come.
这也意味着要做出艰难的决定。
But you saw me during COVID. Doing everything I could to protect people and businesses, with schemes like furlough.
正如你们在新冠疫情期间看到的那样,我在尽我所能保护人民和企业,采取像休假之类的计划。
There are always limits. More so now than ever.
但现在能做的比以往任何时候都有限。
But I promise you this. I will bring that same compassion to the challenges we face today.
但我向你们保证,我会以一样的同理心面对我们今天遇见的挑战。
The government I lead will not leave the next generation, your children and grandchildren with a debt to settle that we were too weak to pay ourselves.
我领导的政府不会给我们子孙后代留下我们自己都无力偿还的债务。
I will unite our country not with words, but with action.
我将用我的行动,而不是口号来团结我们的国家。
I will work day in and day out to deliver for you.
我会日复一日地工作,为你们提供服务。
This government will have integrity, professionalism and accountability at every level.
这个政府将在每个层面保证诚信、专业性和问责制。
Trust is earned and I will earn yours.
信任是要靠行动争取的,而我会赢得你们的信任。
I will always be grateful to Boris Johnson for his incredible achievements as Prime Minister, and I treasure his warmth and generosity of spirit.
我会永远感谢鲍里斯·约翰逊作为首相所取得的巨大成就,我也永远珍视他的热情和慷慨的精神。
And I know he would agree that the mandate my party earned in 2019 is not the sole property of any one individual. It is a mandate that belongs to and unites all of us.
我知道他也会一致认同,保守党在2019年赢得的授权不是任何一个人的专属财产。它是属于我们所有人的授权,并将我们所有人团结在一起。
And the heart of that mandate is our manifesto.
而这一授权的核心就是我们的宣言。
I will deliver on its promise.
我将一一兑现这个承诺。
A stronger NHS. Better schools. Safer streets, Control of our borders. Protecting our environment. Supporting our Armed Forces. Leveling up. And building an economy that embraces the opportunities of Brexit where businesses invest, innovate and create jobs.
一个更强大国家医疗服务体系,更好的学校,更安全的街道,控制我国的边界,保护国内环境,支持国家的武装部队,将(收入)向上拉平,建立一个利用英国脱欧后的经济体,让企业在那里投资,创新,创造就业机会。
I understand how difficult this moment is.
我知道这是一个艰难的时刻。
After the billions of pounds it cost us to combat COVID. After all the dislocation that caused in the midst of a terrible war that must be seen successfully to its conclusions.
为抗击新冠疫情花费数十亿英镑后,在这场恐怖的战争造成一系列混乱之后,我们必须要成功地应对它的结果。
I fully appreciate how hard things are, and I understand, too, that I have work to do to restore trust after all that has happened.
我完全理解工作是多么的难做,我也明白,在发生了这么多事之后,为重新赢得民众的信任,我还有努力要做。
All I can say is that I am not daunted.
我只能说,我并不畏惧。
I know the high office I have accepted and I hope to live up to its demands.
我知道自己身居高位,希望能达到它的要求。
But when the opportunity to serve comes along, you cannot question the moment, only your willingness.
但是,当为民服务的机会来临,你不能质疑这个时刻,只能质疑自己的意愿。
So I stand here before you. Ready to lead our country into the future. To put your needs above politics. To reach out and build a government that represents the very best traditions of my party.
因此,我站在你们面前,准备领导我们的国家走向未来;将你们的需求置于政治之上;与你们沟通,建立一个代表我党最佳传统的政府。
Together we can achieve incredible things.
团结一致,我们可以完成伟大的事情。
We will create a future worthy of the sacrifices so many have made and fill tomorrow.
我们将创造一个值得许多人作出牺牲的未来,并填补明天的空缺。
And every day thereafter. With hope.
此后生活的每一天,我们都带着希望。
Thank you!
谢谢!
一楼大平层非常标准