Where's Mom? 妈妈呢?
She went to a school-board meeting.
她去参加联合校董会会议了。
I don't know how she does it.
我不明白她怎就这么忙。
She sure keeps busy. 她真是忙得马不停蹄。
It's important to her. 这工作对她很重要。
There are lots of places to go, 有很多地方要去,
lots of things to do. 有很多事情要做。
She can't sit around and do nothing.
她总不能闲坐着无所事事呀。
Philip works late.
Philip不也工作很晚。
I guess you're right. 我想你说得对。
I wish I had her energy.我期望也有她那样的精力。
Anybody home? 大伙在家吗?
We're in here, Dad. 我们在这,爸爸。
Oh. Hi, gang. 噢。嗨,你们好。
Hello, Philip. 哈罗,Philip。
How was your day? 今天好吗?
My day was just fine. 这一天还算好。
So was my night. 晚上也还不算忙。
It's almost ten o'clock. 现在就快十点钟啦。
Mmm. I'm starving. 嗯,我饿坏了。
Um ... where's Mom? 唔……孩他妈呢?
She went to a school-board meeting.
她去参加联合校董会的会议。
There's a note for you on the refrigerator.
冰箱上有她留给你的字条。
Oh? 噢?
“亲爱的:我会迟归;三明治在冰箱里,甜饼在餐桌上。爱你的Ellen。”
Did you have dinner, Robbie? 你吃晚餐了吗,Robbie?
Yeah. 吃了。
Mike and I had a hamburger at the diner.
Mike和我在小吃店吃了汉堡。
I came home a little while ago. 我也是刚到家。
You've been working late 你一直工作到很晚,
almost every night this week, Dad.
几乎这个星期的每天晚上都如此,爸爸。
Aren't you exhausted? 你不会精疲力尽吗?
I don't have time to be exhausted.
我连感到累的时间都没了。
You and Mom haven't had dinner together with us
你和妈妈没和我们一起吃晚餐,
in almost a full week. 差不多有一整个星期了。
Yeah, 是啊。
I feel bad 我觉得很歉疚
about us not having dinner with the family,
对于我们无法与家人共进晚餐一事,
but our schedules are so different.
但我们的工作日程实在是南辕北辙。
Either I'm at the hospital doing paperwork,
不是我在医院写病历,
or Mom is at a committee meeting.
就是妈妈参加校董会议。
I frankly don't know what to do about it.
我真不知道该怎么解决。
I'm worried about you and Mom. 我很担心你和妈妈。
You really have been working too hard. 你们确实太忙了。
Well, 好啦,
I think I've had enough of that sandwich.
我想已吃够多三明治。
You didn't finish it. 你没有吃完它。
It's not good to eat before going to bed.
上床前吃太多不好。
A cookie can't hurt, though. 不过多片小甜饼不打紧。
Well,I'm heading off for bed 好啦,我先去睡了,
and a good night's sleep. 好好睡一觉吧。
Well, good night. 好吧,晚安。
Good night, Son. 晚安,儿子。
Good night, Dad. 晚安,爸爸。
I'm going to bed. 我去睡觉了。
Good night, Philip. 晚安,Philip。
Haven't you finished balancing that checkbook?
你还没有核对完支票簿帐目吗?
I found another mistake. 我又发现一个差错。
I'll be off to bed myself in a minute.
再过一会我也要上床睡了。
OK. Good night. 好,晚安。
I'm really concerned about them, 我真为他们担心,
Grandpa. 爷爷。
Concerned about whom? 为谁担心?
About Mom and Dad. 爸爸和妈妈。
They hardly ever see each other. 他们几乎彼此难碰面。
Dad often works late, 爸爸老是工作到很晚,
and Mom has all these committees she's on.
妈妈又有那么多校董会议要开。
What do you propose to do about it?
那你建议要怎么办?
You have that look in your eye.
你看起来好像有了主意似的。
I don't know, 我不知道,
but there must be a way 但总该得想点办法
of getting them to spend more time together.
让他们有更多时间相处。
Quality time. 一种千金难买的天伦时光。
There are lots of places to go, lots of things to do. She can't sit around and do nothing. Philip works late. I guess you're right. I wish I had her energy. Anybody home? We're in here, Dad.
一叶子宠爱 回复 @英语乐园: j
Dad often works late, and Mom has all these committees she's on. What do you propose to do about it? You have that look in your eye. I don't know, but there must be a way of getting them to spend more time together. Quality time.
I think I've had enough of that sandwich. You didn't finish it. It's not good to eat before going to bed. A cookie can't hurt, though. Well, I'm heading off for bed and a good night's sleep. Well, good night. Good night, Son. Good night, Dad. I'm going to bed. Good night, Philip.
Oh. Hi, gang. Hello, Philip. How was your day? My day was just fine. So was my night. It's almost ten o'clock. Mmm. I'm starving. Um ... where's Mom? She went to a school-board meeting.
There's a note for you on the refrigerator. Oh? Did you have dinner, Robbie? Yeah. Mike and I had a hamburger at the diner. I came home a little while ago. You've been working late almost every night this week, Dad. Aren't you exhausted?
Where's Mom? She went to a school-board meeting. I don't know how she does it. She sure keeps busy. It's important to her.
Either I'm at the hospital doing paperwork, or Mom is at a committee meeting. I frankly don't know what to do about it. I'm worried about you and Mom. You really have been working too hard. Well,
Haven't you finished balancing that checkbook? I found another mistake. I'll be off to bed myself in a minute. OK. Good night. I'm really concerned about them, Grandpa. Concerned about whom? About Mom and Dad. They hardly ever see each other.
不知道听了多少遍了,每次听都能听懂一些新的东西
I don't have time to be exhausted. You and Mom haven't had dinner together with us in almost a full week. Yeah, I feel bad about us not having dinner with the family, but our schedules are so different.