521的简爱独白

521的简爱独白

00:00
01:20


《简爱》经典片段

The Classical Parts of Jane Eyre

Chapter 23 —— Jane:

Do you think

你难道认为,

I can stay to become nothing to you?

我会留下来甘愿做一个对你来说无足轻重的人?

Do you think I am an automaton?

你以为我是一架机器?

a machine without feelings?

一架没有感情的机器?

And can bear to have my morsel of bread snatched from my lips,

能够容忍别人把一口面包从我嘴里抢走,

and my drop of living water dashed from my cup?

把一滴生命之水从我杯子里泼掉?

Do you think, because I am poor,

难道就因为我一贫如洗、

obscure, plain, and little,

默默无闻、长相平庸、个子瘦小

I am soulless and heartless?

就没有灵魂,没有心肠了?

You think wrong!

你想错了!

I have as much soul as you

我的心灵跟你一样丰富

and full as much heart!

我的心胸跟你一样充实!

And if God had gifted me with some beauty and much wealth,

要是上帝赐予我一点姿色和充足的财富,

I should have made it as hard for you to leave me,

我会使你同我现在一样

as it is now for me to leave you.

难分难舍,

I am not talking to you now through the medium of custom, conventionalities,

我不是根据习俗、常规,

nor even of mortal flesh;

甚至也不是血肉之躯同你说话,

it is my spirit that addresses your spirit;

而是我的灵魂同你的灵魂在对话,

just as if both had passed through the grave,

就仿佛我们两人穿过坟墓,

and we stood at God's feet,

站在上帝脚下,

are equal

彼此平等

as we are!

本来就如此!


automaton [ɔːˈtɒmətən] n. 自动机,机器人

The aim is to produce an automaton that could help people do difficult jobs underwater. 

目标是研制一个帮助人们从事困难的水下作业的自动化机器人。


morsel [ˈmɔːs(ə)l] n. 一口,少量

He ate it all, down to the last morsel. 

他全吃光了,一点不剩。


snatch [snætʃt] v. 抓住,抢走;n. 抢夺

I managed to snatch an hour's sleep. 

我偷空儿睡了一小时的觉。


obscure [əbˈskjʊə(r)] adj. 模糊的,默默无闻的,晦涩的;v. 遮掩;

The title was unusual and a bit obscure. 

这标题不寻常,而且有点晦涩难懂。


soulless and heartless 否定后缀 -less

soul是灵魂,heart是心,加上-less的后缀后,意思就转变成为没有灵魂,没有内心;thoughtless 无思想的;worthless 无价值的;senseless 无感觉的;fearless 不害怕的;hopeless 绝望的


mortal [ˈmɔːt(ə)l] adj. 终有一死的,凡人的;n. 普通人

He's also a mortal who ages. 

他也是个会变老的普通人。


address [əˈdres] n. 地址,演讲;v. 演说,处理,<正式> 说话,称呼

Emphasize the solutions you provide, not hthe problems you adress. 

强调你提供的解决方案,而不是你提出的问题。


conventionality [kənˌvenʃəˈnæləti] n. 习俗;照惯例;因循性;恪守常规

We shun conventionality, but we put on a uniform to do it. 

我们逃避常规,但是却一窝蜂地跟随潮流地做着逃避世俗的事情。

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论
  • 友友,你的声音真棒,是有学习过基础吗?关注你了,可以回关一下吗?谢谢