The old Lion
老狮子
The Lion used to be the king of beasts.从前有只狮子,他曾经是百兽之王。
But now he is old and weak. He feels sorry for himself.可是现在却又老又弱。他觉得自己很可怜。
I used to be so young. I used to be so strong.想当年我多么年轻,多么强壮。
My roar used to be so big. But now…I am old and weak.我的吼声曾经震耳欲聋,可是现在…我又老又弱,
My roar is small.我的吼声也没有了威力。
I can't run. I can't hunt.我不能跑,也抓不住猎物。
Poor me!唉,我真可怜啊。
The Lion is very sad and worried.狮子非常难过,忧心忡忡。
I'm hungry.我好饿。
But now how can I get some food?可是我怎样才能得到食物呢?
I must think of a way fast.我得赶快想个办法。
Let me think.让我想想。
The Lion thinks and thinks.狮子想啊想啊。
Finally, he comes up with an idea.终于,他想出了一个主意。
Hey, wait. I still have my sharp teeth and claws.嘿,等一等。我的爪子和牙齿依然锋利。
I can use them.我可以用它们啊。
Once an animal comes into my cave, I can catch it.一旦有动物来到我的洞穴里,我就可以抓住它。
Yes, that's it!对,就这么办!
I'll say I'm very sick.我不妨说我病得很重,
Then all of the animals will come to visit me.这样所有的动物都会来探望我。
Once they come into my cave, I will eat them all.一旦他们走进我的洞穴,我就把他们全吃掉。
What a clever idea!多么聪明的点子啊!
Why didn't I think of this before? Ha, ha, ha.为什么以前我就没想到呢?哈哈哈…
The other animals hear that the Lion is very sick. They are all very worried.其他的动物听说狮子病得很重,都很担心。
Did you hear about the Lion?你听说狮子的事了吗?
No, I didn't. Is anything wrong?没有啊,他怎么啦?
Well, I heard that he is very sick. He might die soon.听说他病得很重。可能就快要死了。
that's too bad.那太不幸了。
He used to be so strong and healthy.他曾经是那么强壮、那么健康。
Let's visit him before he dies.在他死之前我们去探望他吧!
Sure.好吧。
The Deer and the Goat visit the Lion in the cave.鹿和山羊去洞穴里探望狮子。
They never come out.但是他们却再也没有出来。
Did you hear the news, squirrel?你听说了吗?松鼠?
What news?什么事?
The Lion is very sick. He is dying, I think.狮子病得很严重,我想,他快要死了。
Poor Lion. What can we do?可怜的狮子,我们能为他做什么呢?
How about visiting him and cheering him up?咱们去探望他、鼓励他好吗?
Do you think that's a good idea?你真的这么想吗?
What if he eats us up?万一他把我们吃了怎么办?
I'm a little afraid.我有点儿害怕。
Me too. But he is very sick.我也有点儿害怕。可是他病得很重。
He will be too weak to catch us.他很虚弱,抓不到我们的。
You're right. Let's go together.你说的对,咱们一块儿去吧!
Great! Meet me in front of the Lion's cave.太好了!咱俩约好在狮子的洞穴前见面。
At noon, tomorrow, okay?明天中午,好吗?
Don't be late.别迟到了。
I'll be there. See you then.我一定去。不见不散。
The Rabbit and the Squirrel meet at noon the next day.第二天中午,兔子和松鼠在约定的地点碰面。
They are a little afraid to go inside the cave.他们战战兢兢地走进洞穴。
Let's go inside.我们进去吧。
Okay. You go in first.好,你先进。
No, you first.不,你先进。
Let's go in together.我们一起进去吧。
Fine. But let's not stay too long.好。不过别呆太久。
The two go inside the cave.他们走进了洞穴深处。
Oh, thank you for coming.哦,谢谢你们来看我。
How are you, sir?你身体还好吗?狮子先生。
Are you okay?你没事吧?
It's nothing. I'm just old.没什么,我只是太老了。
But then the Lion suddenly stands up and shows his teeth and claws.可是,就在这个时候,狮子突然站了起来,露出了他的牙齿和爪子。
Grr…Grr…I may be old, but I can still catch you!!!嗷…我可能是老了些,可是我还是能抓到你们。
We were tricked!我们上当了!
Let's get out!我们快逃吧!
It's too late.太晚了。
You are trapped. Ha! Ha! Ha!你们跑不了了。哈哈…
The Lion eats up the Rabbit and the Squirrel.狮子吃掉了兔子和松鼠。
Yum. Yum. That was delicious.嗯,真好吃。
I wonder who will be next?不知道下一个来送死的会是谁?
The Lion eats up all of the animals like this one by one.就这样,狮子一只一只地几乎吃掉了所有动物。
All of the animals came here except for the Fox.除了狐狸,所有的动物都来了。
Why isn't the Fox coming?为什么狐狸没有来呢?
I'm getting hungry again.我又饿了。
Hmm…Shh…I hear something.嗯…嘘…我听到什么声音。
Mr. Lion, are you in there?狮子先生,您在里面吗?
Finally. It's the Fox.狐狸终于还是来了。
Yes, I'm in here, Fox. Come in.是我,我在这儿。狐狸,请进吧。
How are you feeling today?你今天感觉怎么样?
I'm feeling much better.感觉好多了。
But why aren't you coming in?可是你为什么不进来呢?
Please come in. I wish to see you.请进来吧。我非常想见你。
I would like to, sir.我也想进去,先生。
But it's too crowded in there.可是里面太挤了吧!
What do you mean?你这是什么意思?
There is no one in here but myself.这里面除了我,没有其他人啊。
Really? I don't understand.真的吗?那我就不懂了。
There are many footprints going into your cave.这洞穴口有这么多动物进去时留下的脚印,
But there are none coming out.可是却没有一个走出来的脚印。
Where are all of the other animals?其他所有的动物都在哪儿呢?
Give me some time.这…给我一点点时间。
I can explain.我会向你解释的。
That's because…Uh… 那是因为…嗯…
That's okay. I'll come back again later.没关系。我晚点再来。
Take care. Bye.好好保重。再见。
Wait! Listen to me! Come back!等一等!听我解释!回来!
The Fox goes home without turning his back.狐狸头也不回的回家去了。
Pooh. You can't trick me, Lion.哼,你骗不了我的,狮子。
I am much smarter than you.我可比你聪明多了。
MORAL: Always keep your eyes wide open.寓意:始终睁大自己的眼睛。
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!