每日听写1.18初级你害怕影子吗

每日听写1.18初级你害怕影子吗

00:00
01:01

I need to plant some flowers at a grave, but I need to do it tonight.
我需要在墓前种些花,但我今晚就得去种。
That's a strange request and usually I say "yes" to those.
这是一个奇怪的请求,通常我都会答应。
But I'm busy tonight. Why don't you ask Beth?
但是我今晚很忙。你为什么不问问贝思呢?
Beth? Are you serious?
贝思?你是认真的吗?
What's wrong with Beth?
贝思怎么了?
Beth is afraid of her own shadow!
贝思连自己的影子都怕!
There is no way she is going to help me plant flowers at night in a cemetery.
她绝对不可能在晚上帮我在墓地种花。
Good point. Okay, I can move some things around and help.
你说得对。好吧,我可以帮你搬东西。
What time should I meet you at the cemetery?
我应该什么时候去墓地和你见面?
Midnight.
午夜。
Midnight? At the cemetery? Now I'm feeling afraid of my own shadow.
午夜吗?在墓地吗?现在我也害怕自己的影子了。
In English, a shadow can also be considered a weak form of ourselves.
在英语中,影子也可以被认为是我们自己的一种较弱的形式。
So, when someone is a weaker version of what they used to be, we can say they are a "shadow of their former self."
所以,当一个人变得比以前更弱时,我们可以说他们“大不如前”。
On the other hand, a person who is "larger than life" casts a big shadow.
另一方面,一个“非同凡响”的人会让别人生活在他的巨大阴影之下。



以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!