378 – Small Talk: Standing in Line 安检排队

378 – Small Talk: Standing in Line 安检排队

00:00
13:43

A: This line is so long.

这个队伍好长啊!

B: I know! We’ve been waiting for almost half hour!

是啊,我们已经等了差不多半个小时了。

A: What is taking them so long?

为什么会这么久?

B: I guess they are doing a really thorough check.

我想他们在做彻底的检查。

A: What are they checking for?

他们在查什么呢?

B: They need to make sure no one is carrying any dangerous item while boarding.

他们需要确保登机的时候,没人携带危险物。

A: I’m glad they check thoroughly for that! It’s for our own safety.

我很高兴他们彻底检查危险物。那是为了我们自己的安全。

B: They also have to make sure no one is bringing any large amount of liquid.

他们还必须确保没有人携带大量的液体。

A: What is considered a large amount of liquid?

什么被视为大量液体呢?

B: You are allowed a single one litre clear, resealable bag containing all the liquids, gels and non-solid food.

你可以用一个一升的透明、可重新密封的袋子装所有的液体,凝胶和非固体食物。

A: I see. I’m glad I didn’t bring any liquid or gel with me.

我知道了。多亏我没有带任何的液体或凝胶。

B: Look! There are only three people ahead of us.

看,我们前面只有三个人了。

A: I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

我终于看到曙光了。

B: We might still have some time for the duty-free shopping.

我们可能还有时间去免税购物。

A: Nice chatting with you. Have a good trip!

很高兴和你聊天。祝你旅途愉快!


Vocabulary

Thorough:彻底的

Boarding:登机

Consider:认为

Allow:允许

Resealable:可重新密封的

Tunnel: 隧道



以上内容来自专辑
用户评论
  • 听友183785582

    Thumb up

    录程留学 回复 @听友183785582: Thank you for leaving a comment!

  • 未归远方

    The same is true of taking the high-speed train. Even a bottle of water. 防晒喷雾is also forbidden.

  • 听友258945395

    老师讲的细致实用👍👍👍

    录程留学 回复 @听友258945395: 谢谢你的收听和鼓励!

  • el4c8ifxzuztg1fm0b3k

    学到了