After Apple-Picking 摘苹果后
---by Robert Frost 罗伯特·福罗斯特
My long two-pointed ladder's stickingthrough a tree
长梯穿过树顶,竖起两个尖端
Toward heaven still.
刺向沉静的天穹。
And there's a barrel that I didn't fill
梯子脚下,有一只木桶,
Beside it, and there may be two or three
我还没把它装满,还有两三个
Apples I didn't pick upon some bough.
苹果留在枝头,我还没摘下。
But I am done with apple-picking now.
但是我已把摘苹果这活干完了。
Essence of winter sleep is on the night,
四处弥漫着冬眠的气息。
The scent of apples; I am drowsing off.
那扑鼻的苹果香:我醺醺欲睡。
I cannot rub the strangeness from my sight
我揉揉眼睛,却揉不掉眼前的奇观。
I got from looking through a pane of glass
那是我透过早晨从饮水槽里。
I skimmed this morning from the drinking trough,
捞起的一片冰晶看到的。
And held against the world of hoary grass.
一个霜浓草衰的世界。
It melted, and I let it fall and break.
冰溶了,我由它掉下.碎掉。
But I was well
可是它还没落地,
Upon my way to sleep before it fell,
我却几乎坠入梦乡。
And I could tell,
我还能说出,
What form my dreaming was about to take.
我的梦境是什么样。
Magnified apples appear and disappear,
膨胀得硕大无比的苹果,忽隐忽现,
Stem end and blossom end,
一头是枝茎,一头是花朵,
And every fleck of russet showing clear.
每个红褐色的斑点,都清晰可见。
My instep arch not only keeps the ache,
我的脚底不仅忍受酸疼的折磨。
It keeps the pressure of a ladder-round.
而且还得经受梯子档的分量,
I feel the ladder sway as the boughs bend,
随着树枝摇晃,
And I keep hearing from the cellar-bin.
我觉得梯子也不停晃悠,轰隆隆的声响.
That rumbling sound,
我听到地窖里不时传出,
Of load on load of apples coming in.
苹果一桶桶地往地窖里送。
For I have had too much, 因为摘了那么多,
Of apple-picking; I am overtired,
苹果,我感到筋疲力尽.
Of the great harvest I myself desired.
尽管我一直盼望这样的好收成。
There were ten thousand thousand fruit to touch,
千万个苹果要去采摘,
Cherish in hand, lift down, and not let fall,
要珍放在手中,轻轻放下,不能掉地,
For all
因为所有的苹果
That struck the earth,
只要一掉地,
No matter if not bruised, or spiked with stubble,
即使没碰伤,也没叫草梗扎破,
Went surely to the cider-apple heap
也准会堆在一边酿酒。
As of no worth. 仿佛毫无价值。
One can see what will trouble,
你能看到是什么在扰乱,
This sleep of mine, whatever sleep it is.
我的睡眠,不管这是否算得上睡觉。
Were he not gone, 倘若土拨鼠尚未离开,
The woodchuck could say whether it's like his
在听了我对睡梦的这番描述后,
Long sleep, as I describe its coming on,
它准会说这有点像它的冬眠,
Or just some human sleep.
或者说,这不过是人类的冬眠。
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!