这个你说了算 - It is as you will

这个你说了算 - It is as you will

00:00
07:05

There was once a wise old woman who lived back in the hills.All the children used to come back and ask her questions.She always gave the right answers.

从前,山里隐居着一位聪明的老妇人。孩子们都来问她问题,她总能给出正确答案。


There was a naughty little boy among the children.One day he caught a tiny bird and held it in his cupped hands.Then he gathered his friends around.He said,“Let's trick the old woman.I'll ask her what I'm holding in my hands.Of course,she'll answer that I have a bird.Then I'll ask her if the bird is living or dead.If she says the bird is dead,I'll open my hands and let the bird fly away.If she says the bird is alive,I'll quickly crush it and show her the dead bird.Either way,she'll be wrong.”

来的孩子里有一个淘气的小男孩。一天,他捉住了一只小鸟,双手合拢扣在手里。然后,他叫来朋友们说:“咱们捉弄一下老太太吧。我要问她我手里握着什么东西。她肯定会说是一只鸟。然后,我来问她鸟是死是活。如果她说鸟是死的,我就张开双手,让鸟飞走。她要是说鸟是活的,我就快速捏死它,让她看到的是死鸟。反正她说哪个都会是错的。”


The children agreed that this was a clever plan.Up the hill they went to the old woman's hut.

孩子们一致认为这计划很聪明。他们便上山来到老妇人的小屋。


“Granny,we have a question for you,”they all shouted.

“奶奶,我们问您一个问题。”他们齐声喊。


“What's in my hands?”asked the little boy.

“你猜我手里有什么?”小男孩问。


“Why,it must be a bird,”replied the old woman.

“啊,一定是只小鸟。”老妇人回答。


“But is it living or dead?”demanded the excited boy.

“那它是活的还是死的?”小男孩激动地发问。


The old woman thought for a moment and then replied,“It is as you will,my child.”

老妇人想了一会儿,然后回答:“孩子,是死是活你说了算呀。”


cup [kʌp]  v. 使(手)窝成杯状

He cupped his hands around his mouth and called out for Diane.

他双手拢在嘴边,大声呼喊黛安娜。


当聪明的提问遇上了更加万无一失的回答,足见“姜还是老的辣”。



以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!