Meeting important people

Meeting important people

00:00
01:24










Camile: That is a really good idea.

这个创意不错。

Nathan: Thanks, but there’s no way I can get past all of the gatekeepers in this company to get access to the president. He’s the only on who can green-light a project like this.

谢谢,但是在这个公司我不可能躲过所有门卫见到主席。他是唯一一个能对此项目亮绿灯的人。

Camile: Can’t you present it to your boss first?

你不能先想你的老板展示这个项目吗?

Nathan: If I bring the idea to my immediate supervisor, she’ll either take it over or nix it.

如果我把这个创意给我的顶头上司的话,她要么接手要么砍掉。

Camile: What you need to do is to get the ear of one of his advisors and do an end-run around the other managers.

你需要先跟他的顾问说上话,然后在其他经理面前迂回

Nathan: I’m not sure how I can do that. I don’t know any of the advisors in the president’s inner circle. We don’t exactly travel in the same circles, you know.

我不确定我能不能做到。主席身边的顾问我一个都不认识。我们不是一个圈子里的人。

Camile: How’s your jump shot?

你篮球打得怎么样?

Nathan: Why do you ask?

问这个干什么?

Camile: My cousin works at the same gym where that the company president goes to exercise. Sometimes he likes to play a game of pick-up basketball, often one-on-one. If you got a call from my cousin when he’s there, you might be able to be get there quickly and be in the right place at the right time.

我表弟在主席运动的健身馆工作。有时他喜欢打临时组织的篮球赛,经常都是一对一斗牛。如果他在那里健身的时候你收到我表弟的电话,你可能能快速赶到那里,正确的时间出现在正确的地方。

Nathan: You mean talk business on the courts?

你意思是在球场上谈生意?

Camile: Sure, isn’t that how real deals get made?

当然,真正的交易不都是这样完成的吗?

Nathan: You might have an idea there.

有点意思。

Camile: Yes, but one piece of advice: Let him win!

确实,但是记住一点,要让他赢。



以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!