Twelfth Night 1.2

Twelfth Night 1.2

00:00
03:53

VIOLA What country, friends, is this?
薇奥拉 朋友,这是哪个国家?
CAPTAIN This is Illyria, lady.
船长 伊利里亚,小姐。
VIOLA And what should I do in Illyria?
薇奥拉 我在伊利里亚干什么呢?
My brother he is in Elysium
我兄长在伊利西姆天堂。
Perchance he is not drowned: what think you, sailors?
他可能侥幸没淹死,水手们,你们说呢?
CAPTAIN It is perchance that you yourself were saved.
船长 幸运的是你获救了。
VIOLA O, my poor brother! And so perchance may he be.
薇奥拉 啊,可怜的兄长!愿他也能侥幸活命。
CAPTAIN True, madam, and to comfort you with chance
船长 说得对,小姐。心存侥幸让你宽慰。
Assure yourself, after our ship did split,
你要知道,我们的船断裂后,
When you and those poor number saved with you
你和那些一同获救的人
Hung on our driving boat, I saw your brother,
抓住浪里颠簸的救生小船,我见你兄长
Most provident in peril, bind himself —
危急之中很是幸运,把自己绑在——
Courage and hope both teaching him the practice  —
勇气和希望教他想出此招——
To a strong mast that lived upon the sea,
一根漂浮在海面的大桅杆上。
Where, like Arion on the dolphin's back,
像骑在海豚背上的阿里翁,
I saw him hold acquaintance with the waves
我看见他在波涛中起伏,
So long as I could see.
直到望不见。
薇奥拉 谢谢您告诉我这些,请把金币收下。
VIOLA For saying so, there's gold.
【Gives money】Mine own escape unfoldeth to my hope,
【递过钱】我自己死里逃生令我心存希望。
Whereto thy speech serves for authority,
您的话让我更加确定,
The like of him. Know'st thou this country?
他亦脱险。您熟悉这个国家吗?
CAPTAIN Ay, madam, well, for I was bred and born
船长 是的,小姐。我生长的地方
Not three hours' travel from this very place.
离此不到三小时的路程。
VIOLA Who governs here?
薇奥拉 谁统辖此方?
CAPTAIN A noble duke, in nature as in name.
船长 一位公爵,品性头衔皆高贵。
CAPTAIN A noble duke, in nature as in name.
薇奥拉 他如何称呼?
CAPTAIN Orsino.
船长 奥西诺。
VIOLA Orsino. I have heard my father name him.
薇奥拉 奥西诺。我曾听闻父亲提过。
He was a bachelor then.
当时他还未成婚。
CAPTAIN And so is now, or was so very late,
船长 如今仍未成亲,或许最近还是,
For but a month ago I went from hence,
我离开此处已有一月。
And then 'twas fresh in murmur — as you know,
当时开始有传言——你知道,
What great ones do, the less will prattle of —
大人物一有举动,小人物就津津乐道——
That he did seek the love of fair Olivia.
说他正向美丽的奥丽维亚求爱。
VIOLA What's she?
薇奥拉 她怎么样?
CAPTAIN A virtuous maid, the daughter of a count
船长 此女品德高尚,其父是位伯爵,
That died some twelvemonth since, then leaving her
大约一年前辞世,把她
In the protection of his son, her brother,
托付给儿子照看。她的兄长
Who shortly also died, for whose dear love,
新近也亡故了。为挚爱亡兄之故,
They say, she hath abjured the sight
人们说,她拒绝见到
And company of men.
或交往男人。
VIOLA O that I served that lady,
薇奥拉 啊,但愿我能服侍这位小姐。
And might not be delivered to the world
借此可避免暴露我自己,
Till I had made mine own occasion mellow,
直到我觉得时机成熟
What my estate is.
再表明身份。
CAPTAIN That were hard to compass,
船长 如此甚难。
Because she will admit no kind of suit,
因她对任何形式的追求都一概拒绝。
No, not the duke's.
无例外,连公爵的追求亦不理睬。
VIOLA There is a fair behaviour in thee, captain,
薇奥拉 您行止端正,船长。
And though that nature with a beauteous wall
尽管自然有着美丽外表,
Doth oft close in pollution, yet of thee
内心却总污秽不堪,但对于您,
I will believe thou hast a mind that suits
我相信您的心灵正匹配
With this thy fair and outward character.
您英俊的外形。
I prithee — and I'll pay thee bounteously —
拜托您——我会多多付您钱——
Conceal me what I am, and be my aid
把真实的我掩藏起来,帮助我
For such disguise as haply shall become
让我的乔装完全符合
The form of my intent. I'll serve this duke.
我的意图。我要去侍候这位公爵。
Thou shalt present me as an eunuch to him.
请您把我作为净过身的人引荐给他。
It may be worth thy pains, for I can sing
您的辛苦会有所获,因我擅歌,
And speak to him in many sorts of music
能与他畅谈多种音乐,
That will allow me very worth his service.
可表明我有足够能力服侍他。
What else may hap, to time I will commit,
后续如何,我将托付时间。
Only shape thou thy silence to my wit.
请您对我的计谋缄口不言。
CAPTAIN Be you his eunuch, and your mute I'll be:
船长 你去做宦人吧,我会噤声;
When my tongue blabs, then let mine eyes not see.
若我乱嚼舌头,就让我双目失明。
VIOLA I thank thee. Lead me on.
薇奥拉 谢谢您。带我去吧。

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!