Chapter 23 和商人的相遇

Chapter 23 和商人的相遇

00:00
00:42



Chapter 23

"Good morning," said the little prince.

“早上好。”小王子说。

"Good morning," said the merchant.

“早上好。”商人说道。

This was a merchant who sold pills that had been invented to quench thirst.

这是一位卖药片的商人,这些药片被发明来止渴的。

You need only swallow one pill a week, and you would feel no need of anything to drink.

你每周只需要吞下一片药片,然后你就不需要任何喝的东西。

"Why are you selling those"? asked the little prince.

“你为什么卖那些?”小王子问。

"Because they save a tremendous amount of time," said the merchant.

“因为它们节省了大量的时间。”商人说。

"Computations have been made by experts. With these pills, you save fifty-three minutes in every week".

“专家们计算过,有了这些药片,每周可以节约五十三分钟。”

"And what do I do with those fifty-three minutes"?

“那么,我用那53分钟做什么呢?”

"Anything you like".

“你喜欢的任何事。”

"As for me," said the little prince to himself, "if I had fifty-three minutes to spend as I liked, I should walk at my leisure toward a spring of fresh water".

“对我来说,”小王子对他自己说:“我如果有五十三分钟随我喜欢地花,我就在有空的时候走向一口淡水泉水。





以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!