There Is A Lady Sweet And Kind

There Is A Lady Sweet And Kind

00:00
01:55
There Is A Lady Sweet And Kind
by Thomas Ford

There is a lady sweet and kind,
有一位女郎甜美善良

Was never face so pleas'd my mind;
她的容貌让我愉悦非常;

I did but see her passing by,
看着她从身边走过,

And yet I love her till I die.
我想爱她直到生命消亡。

Her gesture, motion, and her smiles,
她的一颦一笑,

Her wit, her voice, my heart beguiles,
她才智过人,音声动听,令我心驰神往,

Beguiles my heart, I know not why,
没有一个特质使我不心驰神往,

And yet I love her till I die.
我要爱她直到此生尽头。

Her free behaviour, winning looks,
她雀跃的姿容,骄人的模样,

Will make a lawyer burn his books;
能让律师抛舍法律;

I touch'd her not, alas! not I,
天哪,我自愧不如,

And yet I love her till I die.
但我要爱她,直到最后一秒。

Had I her fast betwixt mine arms,
若我有幸拥她入怀,

Judge you that think such sports were harms,
你觉得这会对她造成伤害,

Were't any harm? no, no, fie, fie,
伤害?不,不存在的。

For I will love her till I die.
因为我要爱她直到地老天荒。

Should I remain confined there
我会继续把她追求,

So long as Phoebus in his sphere,
只要世上艳阳依旧,

I to request, she to deny,
即便她总是拒绝,

Yet would I love her till I die.
我也要爱她直到地老天荒。

Cupid is winged and doth range,
丘比特展翅飞遍她的家乡,

Her country so my love doth change:
我的爱人也随着换了形象:

But change she earth, or change she sky,
变换天地我的爱亦不移,

Yet will I love her till I die.
我要爱她直到地老天荒。
以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!