1. Professor Ripley is gonna kill me if I don’t show up in his class tomorrow. 如果我明天不去上RIPLEY教授的课,他一定会杀了我的。(非常生气)
句子结构:N.+Is gonna kill me if ...
My mother is gonna kill me if I get another B in math.
如果我数学再得一个B,我老娘一定会杀了我的。
My girl friend is gonna kill me if I forget our anniversary again.
如果我忘记了和女朋友的纪念日,她一定会杀了我的。
练习:
要是我给老板再买错咖啡,他一定会杀了我的。
My boss is gonna kill me if I don’t get his coffee right.
2. I am doing an MBA course. / I am studying to become a cardiology nurse. 我在学习MBA课程。/我在学习成为一个心脏科护士。
句子结构:I am studying to become a +n.
I am studying to become an engineer!
我在学习成为一个工程师。
I am studying to become a pediatrician .
我在学习成为一个儿科医生。
archeologist 考古学家
paleontologist古生物学家
3. Needing to prepare for the exam gives me the motivation to study more than I would’ve otherwise. 备考给了我更多的动力刻苦学习,否则我就会懈怠。
特色词汇:
otherwise [ˈʌðəwaɪz] adv.否则,相反
motivation [ˌməʊtɪ'veɪʃn]动力
句子结构:主语+gives me the motivation to+动词不定式
The possibility of getting a promotion gives me the motivation to work harder than I would’ve otherwise.
鉴于有可能升职,所以我有了更多的动力努力工作。否则我就会懈怠。
Needing to do a presentation gives me the motivation to work harder than I would’ve otherwise.
因为需要做一个汇报,所以我有了更多的动力努力工作。否则我就会懈怠。
4. I have a hard time understanding lectures in English. 我听老师英文授课很吃力。
句子结构:I have a hard time+动名词
I have a hard time convincing my parents that I can make a living by playing video games.
试图说服我父母打电游也可以谋生是一件非常困难的事情。
I have a hard time accepting the fact that I need to retake the psychology test.
我简直不敢相信我需要重新考一次心理学。
练习:
川普居然赢得了总统大选,简直令我难以置信。
I have a hard time believing that Trump won the presidential elections.
5. I was surprised to find that most universities in the United States only provide dormitories for freshmen. 获悉美国多数大学只给大一新生提供宿舍的时候我很惊讶。
句子结构:I was surprised to find that....
I was surprised to find that students in English countries don’t have a lot of homework.
我很惊奇的发现英语国家的学生家庭作业很少。
I was surprised to find that the Sydney city zoo does not have walls.
我很惊奇的发现悉尼动物园没有围墙。
I was so surprised to find that most foreigners don’t know too much about China.
我很惊奇的发现很多外国人对中国知之甚少。
练习:
我很惊奇的发现学校图书馆是全天候开放的。
I was surprised to find that school library is open 24*7.
我很惊奇的发现原来墨西哥城是人口最为稠密的城市。
I was surprised to find that Mexican City is the most populated city .
6. Professor Cooper’s lectures are good enough. He could have made easier exams, though. 库博教授的讲课相当不错。但是他的考试可以再简单些。
句子结构:He could have +f分词
He could have warned me.
他本来可以提醒我一下的。
He could have called the police.
他本来是可以报警的。
He could have cut him some slack.
他本来可以放他一马的。
7. I don’t know why I chose to major in biochemistry in the first place. It is so difficult. 我都不知道为什么当时要选生物化学这个专业。太难了。
句子结构:
I don’t know why.... in the first place.
I don’t know why I got myself a treadmill at home in the first place.
我都不知道当时为什么给家里买个跑步机。
特色词汇:treadmill [ˈtredmɪl]跑步机
I don’t know why I decided to ditch Professor Anderson’s class in the first place.
我都不知道当时为什么要决定逃安德森教授的课。
特色词汇:ditch-v. [dɪtʃ] 逃课
8. I like studying because it’s the best way to gain a deeper insight into any subject. 我喜欢学习是因为这是深入钻研一门学科的最佳方式。
句子结构:I like +动名词because +单句
I like playing basketball because it helps me understand the importance of team work.
我喜欢打篮球因为这有助于我理解团队的重要。
I like meditating because it helps me clear my mind.
我喜欢冥想因为这能让我放空大脑。
I like studying English because it prevents me from getting old.
我喜欢学英语因为这可以防止我变老。(延缓衰老)
9. I consider myself lucky to have had several good teachers throughout my academic years. 我觉得自己很幸运。能在求学时遇到诸多好老师。
特色词汇:academic -adj. [ˌækəˈdemɪk]学术的
句子结构:I consider myself lucky to +v.
I consider myself lucky to have such wonderful friends.
能有这么多好朋友,我觉得自己很幸运。
I consider myself lucky to be able to meet so many interesting people.
能遇到这么多有意思的人,我觉得自己很幸运。
练习;
我觉得自己很幸运,能有这么开明的父母。
I consider myself lucky to have such open-minded parents.
10. I have a problem understanding some of the mathematical concepts. 我对有些数学概念理解起来很困难。
句子结构: I have a problem +动名词
I have a problem communicating with my father-in-law.
我和岳父交流有困难。
I have a problem contacting my secretary.
我怎么也联系不上我的秘书。
对话练习:
SHANNON: How do you get used to university life?
ROCKY: 不是很好。我现在听英语授课很有问题。
SHANNON: Don’t worry! I am sure it’s only a matter of time before you can understand everything in class.
ROCKY: 希望如此。我都不知道当时为什么要选择生物化学做专业。太难了。SHANNON:You should consider yourself lucky to get into such a prestigious university.
ROCKY: 你说的对。我得赶紧去实验室。如果我再迟到,库博教授一定会杀了我的。
SHANNON: See you.
对话练习英文参考答案:
SHANNON: How do you get used to university life?
ROCKY: Not too good. I had a hard time understanding English Lectures. SHANNON: Don’t worry! I am sure it’s only a matter of time before you can understand everything in class.
ROCKY: I certainly hope so. I don’t know why I chose to major in biochemistry in the first place. It’s so difficult.
SHANNON:You should consider yourself lucky to get into such a prestigious university.
ROCKY: You are right. I really need to go the lab now. Professor Cooper is gonna kill me if I show up late again. Bye.
SHANNON: See you.
沙发
꒰⌗´͈ ᵕ `͈⌗꒱৩