塔兰赛岛的命运召唤Chapter 9 讲义
echo /ˈekəʊ/ n. 回响，回声，回音
bother /'bɒðə/ v. 打搅，打扰
· bother to do sth 费心去做某事
· bother with 为……而费心，为……操心
· Let me know if he bothers youagain. 他要是再打扰你，你就告诉我。
path/pɑːθ/ n. 小路，道路
wet through 湿透的，水淋淋的
· The storm came on so suddenlythat they were wet through before they could get to shelter. 暴雨来得很突然，他们还没找到避雨的地方，就已浑身湿透了。
birthmark /'bɜːθmɑːk/ n. 胎记，胎痣
· How to remove the birthmark? 那么如何去除胎记呢？
wait for 等待
· Then, wait for them to emailyou. 然后，等待他们发电子邮件给你。
broken /'brəʊk(ə)n/ adj. 折断的，破碎的
· Gibbs had an X-ray, whichrevealed no broken bones. 吉布斯拍了X光片，显示没有骨折。
manage /'mænɪdʒ/ v. 设法做成，努力完成，管理
· manage to do 设法做某事
· We managed to get to theairport in time. 我们设法及时赶到了机场。
get in touch with 与……联系，和……接触
· He wondered how to get in touchwith that factory. 他想知道怎样与那家工厂取得联系。
unusual /ʌnˈjuːʒl/ adj. 不寻常的，与众不同的
· It's unusual for the trees toflower so early. 这种树这么早开花很不寻常。
kidnap /'kɪdnæp/ v. 绑架，诱拐，拐骗
· Two businessmen have beenkidnapped by terrorists. 两名商人遭恐怖分子绑架。
loads of 许多，大量
company /ˈkʌmpəni/ n. 陪伴，做伴
· keepsb company 陪伴某人
· I'llkeep you company while you're waiting. 你等待时我会陪伴你。
Chapter9 Echoes From The Past
Hey! Are you allright? You look as if you've seen a ghost.
Er… Sorry to botheryou. It's my friend. She needs help.
OK. Come in. It's raining hard.
So, what's the matterwith your friend?
She fell off her bike and hurther ankle… She's on the path, up there.
I'll get the First Aidbox. Why don't you take your shirt off? You're wet through.
Oh, that birthmark!
Madam? Are you OK?
Yes, yes. Quickly, let's getinto the jeep. That poor girl must be waiting for us.
Hello. Don't worry. Let's seeyour ankle. Ah, by the way, my name's Susan.
I'm Samuel… Sam forfriends… and this is Tracy.
You're lucky. The cut isn'tserious and your ankle isn't broken. Tomorrow you'll be allright. But you won't be able to ride or walk very well for a fewdays. What you need now is a nice cup of tea and some dry clothes.
Samuel, put Tracy's bike intothe jeep and help me with her.
Thanks, but we've got to goback to the camp site. Everyone will be worried. I think I canmanage…
No, you can't. Anyway,can't you phone? I'll drive you to the camp site later.
Tracy, Susan is right. Wecan get in touch with Mark, I've got his mobile number.
Later at Susan's.
And so you live here alone.
I'm not alone, actually. I'vegot three dogs, ten sheep and loads of other animals to keep mecompany!
Were you born on the island?
No… I came here along time ago… more than ten years ago.
This place is called 'TheReserve', isn't it? It's a bit unusual…
Why did you decide tomove here?
Why? It's a long story… well,I think I'd better drive you back to the camp. Or they'll thinkyou've been kidnapped.
1. What does the word "Bother" mean?
A. taken by illegal force, especially to obtain money
B. give trouble to
C. unusual red or brown mark on one's body
D. joint connecting foot to leg
解析：bother /'bɒðə/ v. 烦扰，打扰
例句：I don't want to bother her with my problemsat the moment.
1. Tracy’s cut is serious and her ankleis broken.（F）
解析：The cut isn’t serious and her ankle isn’tbroken.
2. Susan came to the island more thanten years ago. （T）
3. You look ( ) you've seen aghost.
A. as if
B. as well
C. as for
D. as much
as if 犹如，仿佛
例句：The girl looked around as if in search ofsomething.
as well 也，同样地
例句：Not only I like this movie, but my motherlikes it as well.
as for 关于，至于
例句：As for him, I know nothing.
as much 同样多
例句：I have as much gold as silver.
4. “It's cold in here!” “Is it?” “ I ( ) the window then.”
A. will close
D. is closing