3.3《麦田里的守望者》:成熟就是为理想卑贱地活着(练习版)
 3123

试听1803.3《麦田里的守望者》:成熟就是为理想卑贱地活着(练习版)

倍速播放下载收听

00:00
10:23


购买所属专辑,收听更多内容

“The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.”

--J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

“Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be.”

― J. D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

“一个不成熟的人的标志是他愿意为某一事业英勇地死去,而一个成熟的人的标志则是他愿为某一事业谦卑地活着。”

——杰罗姆•大卫•塞林格,《麦田里的守望者》


不管怎样,我老在想象,有那么一群小孩在一大块麦田里做游戏。成千上万个小孩,附近没有一个人——我是说没有一个大人——除了我。而我就站在那奇高无比的悬崖边。我的职责是站在那里守望,要是有哪个孩子往悬崖边奔来,我就把他捉住——我是说,如果孩子们狂奔乱跑,也不看自己是在往哪儿跑,我就得从某个地方冲出来,把他们捉住。我整天就干这事。我只想当个麦田里的守望者。我知道这想法太疯狂了,可我真的就只喜欢干这事。”

——杰罗姆·大卫·塞林格,《麦田里的守望者》


“The mark of the immature man

“一个不成熟的人的标志

is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,

是他愿意为某一事业英勇地死去,

while the mark of the mature man

而一个成熟的人的标志

is that he wants to live humbly for one.”

则是他愿为某一事业谦卑地活着。”

“The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.”

“一个不成熟的人的标志是他愿意为某一事业英勇地死去,而一个成熟的人的标志则是他愿为某一事业谦卑地活着。”

“Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all.

不管怎样,我老在想象,有那么一群小孩在一大块麦田里做游戏。

Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around -

成千上万个小孩,附近没有一个人——

nobody big, I mean - except me.

我是说没有一个大人——除了我。

Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me.

成千上万个小孩,附近没有一个人——我是说没有一个大人——除了我。

And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff.

而我就站在那奇高无比的悬崖边。

What I have to do,

我的职责是

I have to catch everybody

我就把他捉住

if they start to go over the cliff -

要是有哪个孩子往悬崖边奔来——

I mean if they're running and

我是说,如果孩子们狂奔乱跑,

they don't look where they're going

也不看自己是在往哪儿跑,

I have to come out from somewhere and catch them.

我就得从某个地方冲出来,把他们捉住。

What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them.

我的职责是站在那里守望,要是有哪个孩子往悬崖边奔来,我就把他捉住——我是说,如果孩子们狂奔乱跑,也不看自己是在往哪儿跑,我就得从某个地方冲出来,把他们捉住。

That's all I do all day.

我整天就干这事。

I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all.

我只想当个麦田里的守望者。

I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be.”

我知道这想法太疯狂了,可我真的就只喜欢干这事。”

主播信息

顾悦老师

2.67万
上海外国语大学英语系副教授,硕士生导师,英美文学博士,上海中高级口译考试考官,法国诺欧商学院 EMBA 跨文化国际讲师。● 他是上外十大人气公选教师,曾用英语给世界上三十多个国家的千余学生讲课,选课时一票难求。● 他也是诗人、翻译家、民谣音乐人。他曾翻译海子诗集并在美出版,主编美国电影研究书籍,在TEDx发表演讲,跟普利策奖得主切磋技艺。● 他是真正的英语教育专业人士。他曾参与编写多部优秀英语教材,覆盖全国高校的英语专业。多年的研究,让他发现了提高中国人英语水平的正确方法。● 他是英语母语水平者,被伯克利教授评价为“英语最好的中国人”。

评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!

打开喜马拉雅,发表评论