欢迎关注微信公众号:英语主播Emily
在微信公众号里回复:课程
即可获得10节精品视频学习课程
全面提高听力,发音,口语
帮你告别哑巴英语 一步步开口“说”英语
A: Do you know the low-down on this exam?
你知道关于这次考试的内幕吗?
B: What do you mean by saying the low-down?
你说内幕是什么意思?
A: You're still kept in the dark?
你还被蒙在鼓里吗?
B: Tell me what on earth is the matter?
告诉我到底什么事?
low-down
内幕消息;实情
I want the low-down on what happened at the party last night.
我想知道昨晚派对上发生了什么的详细情况。
Can you give me the low-down on the new manager?
你能给我透露一下新经理的情况吗?
I need the low-down on this investment opportunity.
我需要了解这个投资机会的详细情况。
keep sb in the dark
隐瞒某人;不让某人知道
She kept her family in the dark about her failing health.
她对自己的健康状况恶化对家人保密。
The teacher kept the students in the dark about the surprise test.
老师对即将到来的突击考试让学生们不知情。
The company kept the employees in the dark about the upcoming layoffs.
公司对即将到来的裁员让员工们蒙在鼓里。
on earth
究竟;到底
究竟
How on earth did she manage to finish the project so quickly?
她究竟是怎么做到这么快就完成项目的?
Who on earth invited him to the party?
究竟是谁邀请他参加派对的?
What on earth are you talking about?
你究竟在说什么?
我刚学习到676,努力跟上这个速度
继续打卡
low-down
我怎么看内容在哪呢
馒头好吃的 回复 @梅有故事Angle: 在简介
keep sb in the dark