欢迎关注微信公众号:英语主播Emily
在微信公众号里回复:课程
即可获取10节精品视频课程
告别哑巴英语 全面提高听力,发音,口语
A: Stay with me, okay? I don't feel like staying here by myself.
留下来陪陪我吧,好吗?我不喜欢自己待在这里。
B: Well, okay, if something does turn up, I'll just play it by ear.
好吧,如果有事的话,我就只好看情况而定了。
A: There's a new movie on campus. Have you heard of it?
我们学校要放映一部新电影,你听说了吗?
B: Yes, it's a comedy. Let's go to cinema then.
听说了,是个喜剧,那咱们去看电影吧。
play it by ear
见机行事;随机应变
We don't have a fixed plan for the weekend; we'll just play it by ear. 我们周末没有固定的计划,到时候看情况再说。
He's not sure if he can make it to the party; he'll play it by ear and let us know later.
他不确定是否能来参加派对,他会视情况而定,稍后告诉我们。
The weather is unpredictable today, so we'll play it by ear whether to go for a picnic or not.
今天天气不可预测,所以我们到时候再看是否去野餐。
相近表达
"play it by ear" 这个短语的意思是根据情况灵活应对,没有事先的计划。以下是一些意思相近的表达:
Wing it: 随机应变,即没有准备就即兴发挥。
We didn't prepare a speech, so we'll have to wing it.
我没有准备演讲,所以只能即兴发挥了。
Go with the flow: 随波逐流,顺其自然。
We don't have a set plan for the day; we're just going to go with the flow.
我们今天没有固定得计划,只能顺其自然。
Take things as they come: 接受事情的自然发展,不强求。
I try not to worry about the future; I just take things as they come.
我尽量不去担心未来。我就接受事情得发展。
go with the flow
take things as they come 顺其自然 wing it 自由发挥
play it by ear
听友244203338 回复 @听友244203338: 读的好好呀
off-the-cuff