The ant and the grasshopper 蚂蚁和蚂蚱

The ant and the grasshopper 蚂蚁和蚂蚱

00:00
02:53

微信公众号:Jerry的英语课堂

The ant and the grasshopper 蚂蚁和蚂蚱

Once upon a time, 

很久以前,
there lived an ant and a grasshopper.

田野里住着一只蚂蚁和一只蚂蚱。

The grasshopper did nothing else but jumped around and played.

蚂蚱蹦蹦跳跳无所事事,

On the other hand, the ant was so hardworking, looking for food all day long and storing them in its nest.

蚂蚁则勤勤恳恳地整日搜寻食物,储备食物用以过冬。

Looking at his friend working so hard, the grasshopper asked,

蚂蚱看着蚂蚁辛劳的忙碌着,便问道:
Hey, Ant! You don’t have to relax? Always a busy one.

嗨,蚂蚁兄弟,你不知道休息吗,整天都这么忙碌。
Come and play with me.

来和我一起玩玩吧。
To that the ant replied, “I can’t relax. I have to store all the food.”

蚂蚁回复:我不能放松,我要储存食物。

“Well! Relax. Why you bother storing all the food?

放松点,为什么你要费劲储存食物呢?
When you are hungry just go and find some food,” the grasshopper told the ant again. 

蚂蚱对蚂蚁说:当你饿的时候,再去找一些食物呗。

“Eh, I cannot relax. I have to store food for the coming winter season.

我不能休息,我得为即将到来的冬季储存食物。

Then I don’t need to panic.

到时候就不需要(为没有食物)惊慌了。
I think you also must store food, the ant told his friend.

我想你也应该去储存一些食物,蚂蚁对它的朋友说。
“If you want to store food, you go ahead.

如果你要储存食物,那你忙吧。
I continue playing ok… bye!”

我还要继续玩呢,再见。
And the grasshopper hopped away.

然后蚂蚱就跳走了。
The ant was a hardworking guy…I mean insect.

蚂蚁是一个勤奋的动物。
Not like the grasshopper who was so lazy.

不像蚂蚱那样懒惰。
And so as days, weeks, months went by,

然后一天又一天,一周接一周,一个月又一个月过去了,
the winter still has not come yet

冬季还没有来
but the ant was still seen searching and storing food.

而蚂蚁仍然在搜寻食物,储存食物。
The two friends happened to meet again.

一天,两个老朋友恰巧又碰到了。
“Hey Ant! You still haven’t finished storing food, ah?

嗨,蚂蚁兄弟,你还没有储存完食物,是吧?
Last time where did all the food go?” asked grasshopper.

你之前储存的食物呢?蚂蚱问到。
“I kept it but it all went bad.

还在,不过都变坏了,
So I cannot eat it anymore.

所以我不能再吃了。
All because the winter has not come yet.

因为冬天还没有到来。
 Now I have to go and look for new food, sighed the ant.

所以,现在我还要去搜寻新的食物。蚂蚁叹了口气。
“But ant, you don’t mind if I ask you?

蚂蚁兄弟,如果你不介意我想问你一个问题?
Did you ever think that in Singapore and Malaysia there is no winter?”
asked the grasshopper again.

你没有想过在新加坡和马来西亚没有冬天吗?蚂蚱问到。
“AHHHH?!” The ant was shocked!

啊~~,蚂蚁惊呆了。
The moral of the story is whatever you do better think properly first.

这个故事的寓意告诉我们,无论你做什么,在做之前最好先想一想。
Sometimes we go too busily in life

有时我们在生活中过于忙碌。
and follow our routine too tightly

事情安排的太紧密以致于我们只是例行公事
but most importantly, work towards where you want to go in your life,

但最重要的是,我们每天都要朝着我们想去的地方而努力。
make clear what it is that you want,

想清楚你想要的是什么
what it is that you REALLY want,

到底什么才是你想要的
what your dream is,

你的梦想是什么
and whether what you are doing is now moving towards your dream.

你现在所正在做的事情是不是为了你的梦想
If it’s not,

如果不是
don’t just keep on working hard only just

就不要每天只是努力的工作
because someone in your life told you that this is the way!

紧紧是因为生命中有人告诉你,这就是成功的方法。
Don’t keep on working hard with no direction.

不要没有方向的努力工作
Focus on the direction of your life,

聚焦在你人生的方向上
not your work but your life.

不是你的工作,而是你的人生
Plan your life.

为你的人生先做个计划吧

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论
  • 时光6913

    这套书哪里有卖?

    Jerry的英语课堂 回复 @时光6913: 在我的v. x. 弓重号 有 搜 Jerry的英语课堂

  • 听友268072370

    这篇不错 我要拿这篇去比赛啦

    Jerry的英语课堂 回复 @听友268072370: 加油

  • 听友268072370

    求背景音乐

    Jerry的英语课堂 回复 @听友268072370: 基本是班得瑞的轻音乐

  • 听友268072370

    老师的声音太好听了

    Jerry的英语课堂 回复 @听友268072370: 谢谢

  • 听友268072370

    Jerry的英语课堂 回复 @听友268072370:

  • 我是蠢人哈哈

    l#go

    Jerry的英语课堂 回复 @我是蠢人哈哈: Thanks a million

  • 听友90570442

    不(;`O´)o错啦

    Jerry的英语课堂 回复 @听友90570442: 谢好评

  • 1784738cneq

    非常完美

    Jerry的英语课堂 回复 @1784738cneq: 十分感谢

  • 听友12774832

    very good

    Jerry的英语课堂 回复 @听友12774832: Many thanks

  • 1392603jcyp

    Jerry的英语课堂 回复 @1392603jcyp: thanx