下载每日英语听力APP,解锁双语字幕及更多学习功能!
中英文稿
Like part of my motivation when I was growing up, I was having nothing.
激励我成长的动力之一就是,我曾经一无所有。
I knew that if I ever had an opportunity to make it in life I wanted to provide the next generation for things that I didn't have.
我知道,只要我能够有所成就,我就要为我们的下一代做些什么。
I'm always trying to find a way to continue to empower and infuse life into this community which built me.
我一直在努力寻找一种方法,继续为这个造就了我的社区注入活力。
Naya. Go get warm, Naya.
娜雅。快去暖和暖和,娜雅。
Get out of this cold.
别在那儿受冻。
Get out of this cold, girl.
快去暖和暖和,姑娘。
When I come home, it could be 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning.
我回家的时候可能已经凌晨一两点了。
I'll just get in my car.
我会坐上车。
Roll down the window, just ride around town, just like, going to like different landmarks where I grew up and different gyms that I might have played in, you know.
摇下车窗,开着车在城里转悠,去我从小到大经常去的地方,去我到过的不同的健身房。
It just settles me, I guess.
我想这能让我沉静下来。
We are right now in House Three Thirty.
我们现在在House Three Thirty。
When I was a kid I came here for banquets after basketball tournaments for us now to like own this place.
当我还是个孩子的时候,我在篮球比赛后会来这里参加宴会,现在我们拥有了这个地方。
It's gonna be another resource for our families, to gather, to eat, to enjoy.
这里是我们家庭聚会、用餐、娱乐的一个地方。
We'll have workplaces here, for them to learn and I can't wait for it all to come together.
我们在这里设立工作场所,让这些孩子学习,我迫不及待地希望一切都能实现。
The image of that is to make a place for our families to gather and be comfortable, be safe.
创建这个地方的初衷是为我们的家人提供一个舒适、安全的地方。
We're training our culinary students and giving people the kind of basic training that sometimes is lacking in their lives.
我们正在教学生进行烹饪,教给他们一些生活中可能缺乏的基本技能。
Oh, for sure.
当然。
You all be careful walking down these stairs now.
你们下楼梯时要小心。
Have you been down these yet?
你来过这里吗?
Not in the last seven months.
有七个月没来了。
I heard that this space was going to be like a recreation of your Spring Hill environment?
我听说这个地方复刻了Spring Hill。
Correct, yep.
是的。
I'm looking forward to seeing it be a big old museum for our families and kids on who I am and where I come from, but more importantly, what they have.
我希望它能成为一个大型博物馆,让我们的家人和孩子们了解自己是谁、来自哪里,但更重要的是,了解他们拥有什么。
You know, this is their home.
这就像他们的家一样。
A lot of the stuff that we're doing still doesn't make sense to me.
我们现在做的很多事情对我来说仍然没有太大意义。
Like, not in the sense of, like, it doesn't make sense like I don't comprehend.
不是说毫无意义,而是说我好像还没有完全理解。
It's just like I literally grew up right around the corner from here.
我就是在这附近长大的。
I used to walk to that McDonald's that was right there all the time.
我过去经常走路去那家麦当劳,那家麦当劳一直就在那儿。
There were times when I could literally go in there and buy stuff and there were times I couldn't.
我时不时会去里面买东西。
And to know that we're like just changing a whole community right in front of our eyes is like so amazing.
能够对我们眼前的这个社区一点点进行改造,这真的是太神奇了。
When you're not from here, it's hard to get a grasp of it.
如果你不是本地的,就很难了解这种感觉。
But like we get overlooked all the time. So, for our community, to have something of their own, it's meaningful.
但我们总是被忽视。所以,对于我们的社区来说,拥有自己的东西才是重要的。
Is there school going on today?
学校今天开放吗?
There is. Yeah. But a lot of students don't have class on Fridays, so.
是的。但很多学生周五都不上课。
Oh, today is Friday.
哦,今天是星期五。
It is. I know.
是的。
I lose track of days.
我记不清日子了。
We got some students upstairs.
楼上有一些学生。
They just hanging out chilling. Yeah. This will be a fun surprise.
他们在外面玩。这应该会是一个有趣的惊喜。
How are you? Good.
你们好吗?好。
Miss you. Miss you, too.
想你了。我也很想你。
Welcome home. Thank you.
欢迎回家。谢谢你!
- Oh my god! - What's going on, y'all?
-天啊!-你们好吗?
What's happening?
你们在干什么呢?
- You 'aight? - Good man.
-你好吗?-好样的。
What's up with y'all - How y'all feeling?
你们怎么样-最近还好吗?
- Good, good.
-好,好。
This space is incredible.
这地方真的很棒。
When we have House Three Thirty for our job training, some of these students will be employed there.
我们在House Three Thirty进行培训时,会雇佣其中一些学生到这里工作。
So, it's really full circle giving them that wrap around support service. It's a game changer.
这给他们提供了从学习到实践的一个完整的循环。这足以改变他们。
These are all our kids like. Gotta have something for 'em. If we don't do it, who gonna do it?
这些都是我们的孩子喜欢的。总得给他们点什么,如果我们不做,谁来做呢?
You know?
你懂我意思吗?
My high school friends, we still got a group chat.
我的高中朋友们,我们仍然会在一起聊天。
And we always talk about how the best time of our lives was '99 and 2003. It's the greatest time of our life.
我们都觉得99年和2003年是我们人生中最美好的时光。这是我们一生中最美好的时光。
Everybody's journey makes them who they are.
每个人的经历造就了他们自己。
Because of the shortcomings and things that I had to go through when I was younger, I wanted to make sure that the majority of the kids that came from the same community didn't have to go through.
由于我年轻时遭受过迫不得已的困难和经历,我想确保和我一个社区的许多孩子都不必经历这些。
What y'all making? Cookies?
你们在做什么?饼干吗?
It's a competition. I'm gonna win though. You're gonna win?
这是一场比赛。不过我会赢的。你会赢吗?
You know you just hope that, you can leave it in a better place than it was when you was growing up.
谁都希望能把自己成长的地方变成一个更好的地方。
You know that you can set so many paths for the next generation that the road is just easier for them.
你可以为下一代铺路,让他们以后的路更好走。
My cookies are done.
我的饼干做好了。
What kind?
是什么饼干?
Chocolate chip?
巧克力的吗?
What surprise?
是什么惊喜?
I get bragging rights.
这是我的独家秘方。
Nothing better than bragging rights. I tell you that.
没什么比独家秘方更好了。真的。
Ain't nothing better than bragging rights.
独家秘方绝对是最好的。
You want people to have to work for things obviously and that's what our kids are doing.
你希望他们能努力地工作,这正是我们的孩子在做的事情。
That's what our families are doing.
这也是我们的家庭正在做的。
But if they can have some resources that can help them get there quicker and faster.
如果有人能为他们提供一些资源,帮助他们更快实现自己的目标。
Then, why not us?
那么,为什么不是我们呢?
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!