下载每日英语听力APP,解锁双语字幕及更多学习功能!
中英文稿
Alright, so these are your New Year's resolutions.
好吧,这些就是你的新年愿望。
You want to make $100,000 online.
你想在网上赚 100,000 美元。
You want to go to the gym and get a six-pack.
你想去健身房练出六块腹肌。
You want to meditate every single day.
你想要每天冥想。
Now, do you want to know what the truth actually is?
现在,你想知道失败的真正原因是什么吗?
Only 9% of you will succeed.
只有9%的人会做到这些。
And if that sounds harsh, good.
这可能听起来很刺耳,但确实如此。
Because I want you to understand the severity of this situation.
我就是想让你了解这种情况的严重性。
You say that 2024 will be your year, but most likely it won't be.
你说 2024 年将是属于你的一年,但可能也不是。
Now, the question is, why are you still doing it?
问题来了,你为什么会这样?
Frankly, it's not your fault.
老实讲,这并不是你的错。
Here's why.
原因如下。
There is a war on your time.
这是一场关于你时间的战争。
Dozens of multi-billion dollar enterprises have all waged war against you and they won't stop until they win.
多家市值数十亿美元的企业向你发动战争,他们在胜利前不会休战。
They won't stop until every last second of your time is spent on their platforms.
直到你的每分每秒都花在了他们的平台上。
My friend, there are no accidents on their apps.
朋友,应用程序中可没有巧合。
Nothing is random.
没有什么是随机的。
Everything is planned and those billions are all spent to get one thing and one thing only.
一切都是计划好的,而花这些钱只为得到一样东西。
Your attention.
你的注意力。
You have a limited amount of attention and focus to give.
你的注意力和关注力是有限的。
You can't focus on everything.
你无法专注一切事物。
It's impossible.
这是不可能的。
In fact, a recent research that has been published on Science Magazine shows that we spend 46.9% of our days with our minds strayed away from the very tasks that we should be doing.
事实上,《科学》杂志最近发表的一项研究表明,我们每天有 46.9% 的时间都偏离了我们应该做的任务。
That is almost half of your day gone.
这差不多就是你一天中一半的时间。
To what?
你做了什么?
Simply not being able to focus.
无法集中注意力。
I mean really think about it, how many times have you gone to just check your phone for a second and the next thing you know you've spent hours scrolling on Instagram or TikTok and you don't even mean to do it.
认真回想一下,有多少次你只是检查一下手机,却最终你花了几个小时刷 Instagram 或 TikTok,而你甚至没有意识到。
That is how they control you.
这就是它们控制你的方式。
The average person spends 30% more time on their phone today.
如今,人们花在手机上的时间平均增加了 30%。
That means the average person spends 4 hours and 12 minutes on their phone.
这意味着每个人平均花在手机上的时间为 4 小时 12 分钟。
I mean let's really put that into perspective.
让我们重视这一点。
In just a few years, your phone has gone from stealing 12% of your entire day in 2019 to over 17.5% today.
在短短几年内,你的手机使用时间从 2019 年的 12% 上升到如今的 17.5% 以上。
If you keep going down this road, you will spend over a third of your entire life staring at a screen.
如果你继续这样的话,你一生中将有超过三分之一的时间与手机屏幕度过的。
Is this what you wanna become an expert at?
你是想成为这方面的专家吗?
Do you really wanna be that guy?
你真的想成为那样的人吗?
The guy who sends the best memes?
发最赞表情包的人?
Is that what you wanna be known for?
你就是为了这个想出名?
We both know the answer to that.
我们都知道不是。
Now let me ask you a question.
我再来问你个问题。
What's materially changed to make 2024 the pivotal year of your life?
哪些重大变化使 2024 年成为你人生的关键一年?
Because let's face it, every year you tell yourself, this is gonna be my year.
让我们面对现实吧,每年你都会告诉自己,这是我关键的一年。
Yet, it never is.
然而,事实并非如此。
You keep letting yourself down year after year.
你年复一年地让自己失望。
Well, in fact, scratch that actually.
实际上,把这句话划掉吧。
You don't just let yourself down because it's much worse than that.
更糟糕的是,你不只是让你自己失望。
You're letting yourself down, but you're also letting down everyone around you, your family, your friends.
你让自己失望了,包括你周遭的人、你的家人、你的朋友。
I mean, hell, even your future bloodline.
甚至还有你未来的下一代。
So my question to you now is, are you gonna be a part of the 91% that fail year after year after year?
所以我现在想问你,你会成为年复一年失败的 91% 中的一员吗?
Or are you gonna join me in making 2024 your year?
或者你愿意和我一起让 2024 年成为属于你的一年吗?
This is a decision only you can make.
这是只有你才能做出的决定。
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!