汤姆·希德勒斯顿 | 朗读《夜班经理》

汤姆·希德勒斯顿 | 朗读《夜班经理》

00:00
04:59

He's recognized me, thought Jonathan, waiting for the denunciation.

乔纳森想,他认出我了。他等着被对方揭发他的身份。


He's seen my photograph, listened to my description.

他看过我的照片,听过人家是怎么议论我的。


In a minute he'll stop smiling.

他在一分钟内就不会再笑了。


"I'm Dicky Roper," a lazy voice announced as the hand closed round Jonathan's and briefly owned it. "My chaps booked some rooms here.

罗珀把手伸了过来,短暂地握住乔纳森的手,用懒洋洋的语调说:“我是迪基·罗珀,我们这群人在这里订了几个房间。


Rather a lot of 'em.

其实挺多间的。


How d'you do?" Belgravia slur, the proletarian accent of the vastly rich.

跟你问个好。” 有些含混地贝尔格维亚口音,是富有阶级里最土的口音。


They had entered each other's private space.

他们两人进入了彼此的私人领域。


"How very good to see you, Mr. Roper,"Jonathan murmured, English voice to English voice."Welcome back, sir, and poor you, what a perfectly ghostly journey you must have had.

”真是幸会,罗珀先生。“乔纳森低声以英国腔回应对方,”欢迎再度光临。您这趟远门想必吃了不少苦头。


Wasn't it rather heroic to venture aloft at all? No one else has,I can tell you.

说实话,我从来没见过像您这样上山下海冒险的人。


My name's Pine.

我叫派恩。


I'm the night manager." He's heard of me, he thought, waiting.

是酒店的夜班经理。”他听说过我,乔纳森心想,等待着。


Freddie Hamid told him my name.

弗雷迪·哈米德曾告诉过他我的名字。


"What's old Meister up to these days?"Roper asked, his eyes slipping away to the beautiful woman.

“老迈斯特最近在做什么?”罗珀边问边将目光移到那位美丽女子身上。


She was at the newsstand, helping herself to fashion magazines.

她站在书报摊旁翻阅时装杂志。


Her bracelets kept falling over her hand,while with the other she continually pushed back her hair. "Tucked up with his Ovaltine and a book, is he?

她一只手的手镯一直滑落到手掌处,另一只手不停地拂着秀发。他是不是抱着他的阿华田饮料和一本书窝在哪里了?


Hope it's a book, must say.

我得说,得亏是书,


Jeds, how you doing, darling?

杰德,你还好吗?


Adores magazines.

这么喜欢杂志啊?


Addict.

真是上瘾了。


Hate the things myself." It took Jonathan a moment to realize that Jeds was the woman.

那种东西送我我都不要。“乔纳森过了一会儿才意识到杰德就是那个女人。


Not Jed a single man, but Jeds a single woman in all her varieties.

原来杰德不是一个男人,而是一位妙龄女子。


Her chestnut head turned far enough to let them see her smile.

她甩开栗色的秀发,让他们看到她的笑容。


It was puckish and good-humored.

她的模样既俏皮又可爱。


"I'm just fine, darling," she said bravely, as if she were recovering from a knock.

“我很好,亲爱的,”她勇敢地回答,露出一副好像刚从挫折中恢复过来的表情。


"Herr Meister is unavoidably tied up tonight,I'm afraid, sir," said Jonathan, "but he does enormously look forward to seeing you in the morning when you're rested." "You English, Pine? Sound it."

”迈斯特先生今晚有事,抱歉,先生,“乔纳森说,”但他很期待等您休息好后明早来见您。“ ”你是英国人吗?口音听起来很像。”


"To the core, sir." "Wise man."The pale gaze wanders away again,this time to the reception desk, where the camel hair coat is filling in forms for Fräulein Eberhardt."You proposing marriage to that young lady, Corky?"

“没错,先生。” “聪明人。”他淡漠的目光再次环顾四周,这次是看向前台。那位穿着驼绒大衣的男子正在填写表格,预备交给艾伯哈特小姐。“你在向那位年轻小姐求婚吗,科基?“


Roper calls."That'll be the day,"he adds to Jonathan in a lower tone."Major Corkoran, my assistant," he confides with innuendo.

罗珀喊道。”这下可有好戏看了,“他压低声音,用讽刺的语调跟乔纳森补充,”他是我的助理,科尔克兰少校。“


"Nearly there, Chief!"Corky drawls and lifts a camel hair arm.

”老大,差不多了!“科基慢条斯理地说,抬起穿着驼绒大衣的手臂。


He has squared his legs and pushed out his rump like somebody about to play a croquet shot,and there is a tilt to his haunches that, by nature or intent, suggests a certain femininity.

他双脚分开,臀部翘起,简直像要槌打球似的,他斜翘起来的臀部,不论是天生的还是刻意的,都透露着一点阴柔气质。


A heap of passports lies at his elbow.

他的胳膊下还夹着一堆护照。


"Only got to copy a few names, God's sake.Not a fifty-page contract, Corks." "It's a new security, I'm afraid, sir," Jonathan explains."The Swiss police insist. There seems to be nothing we can do." The beautiful Jeds has chosen three magazines but needs more.

”老天,只要复印几个名字就好,“又不是要签五十页的合约,科克斯。” “这是新的安全规定,不好意思,先生,“乔纳森向他解释道,”瑞士警方坚持要求,我们只能照做。” 大美女杰德已经选了三本杂志,可是她还要选。


She has perched one slightly scuffed boot pensively on its long heel,with the toe pointing in the air.

她若有所思地把重心放在轻微磨损的鞋子后跟,脚尖向上翘。


Sophie used to do the same.

苏菲以前也会这样。


Mid-twenties, Jonathan thinks.

她应该二十多岁吧,乔纳森想。


Always will be.

一定是。


"Been here long, then, Pine?Wasn't here last time round, was he, Frisky? We'd have noticed a stray young Brit."

“在这儿多久了,派恩?上次我们来的时候还没有他,对不对,弗利斯基?我们可不会漏掉一个到处游荡的年轻人那。“


"No way," said the blazer, eyeing Jonathan through an imaginary gun slit.

”不会的。“那位穿运动衣的人说。他似乎透过某种假象的瞄准器注视着乔纳森。


Cauliflower ears, Jonathan noticed.

乔纳森注意到他有一对花菜状的耳朵。


Blond hair, going on white.

一头正在变白的金黄色头发。


Hands like ax heads.

他的双手就像斧头。


"I make it six months, Mr. Roper, almost to the day." "Where were you before that?"

”我在这儿有六个月了,罗珀先生,差不多刚好六个月。“ ”之前你在哪儿?“


"Cairo," Jonathan replied, light as a spark."The Queen Nefertiti."

”开罗,“乔纳森回答时眼睛发亮,”纳芙蒂蒂皇后饭店。“


Time passes, like time before a detonation.

时钟嘀嗒,好像下一秒就要爆炸。


But the carved mirrors of the lobby do not shatter at the mention of the Queen Nefertiti Hotel,the pilasters and chandeliers hold still.

但当他提及纳芙蒂蒂皇后饭店时,大厅中那些镶在墙上的镜子并没有碎裂,柱子与大灯也完好依旧。


"Likee, did you? Cairo?"

”你喜欢那里吗,开罗?“


"Loved it." "What made you leave the place, then, if you were so high on it?"

”我爱那里。“ ”那你这么喜欢,为什么要离开?“


Well, you did, actually.

就是因为你啊。



以上内容来自专辑
用户评论
  • Cathy_xpq

    占个座