Danielle Dupre: Bom! Bom!
砰!砰!
Al: If you were to close your eyes and just listen to the sounds, could you identify the movie and where we are in the movie?
如果你闭上眼睛,只听声音,你能认出这是哪部电影以及这是电影中的哪一段吗?
Everything is just so...iconic.
一切都是如此标志性的。
Even just hearing that, you're like, "Oh, that's Star Wars.
即使只听到这个声音,你也能想到,”哦,那是《星球大战》。
That's totally Star Wars." Bonnie Wild: This is "The Mandalorian" season two.
那绝对是《星球大战》。”“这是《曼达洛人》第二季。
So here we have, singularly, these sounds making up the sound of the Razor Crest coming in.
我们这里有,特别的,这些组成了Razor Crest飞过来时的声音。
And here, uh I'm such a nerd.
在这里,我真是个技术迷。
There's what I think is a very hilarious metal wobble sound that I will try and put in everything I ever work on because I think it's incredible.
我认为这是一种非常滑稽的金属摆动声,我会尝试把它融入到我所做的全部工作中,因为我认为它非常奇妙。
Here it goes.
来了。
We see this metal kind of debris kind of spin off.
我们看到这些金属碎片脱落。
It's funny, right?
很有趣,对吧?
You'll find that also on the speeder chase on Crait in "The Last Jedi" when Poe puts his foot through the speeder.
你也会在《最后的绝地武士》中,超速飞行器在Crait星球追逐的那场戏中发现这个声音,当Poe 的脚踩穿了超速飞行器时。
You can't unhear it.
你肯定会听到。
There's this little pool you enter when you work on the Star Wars projects, and you're kind of given the key.
当你在做《星球大战》项目时,你会进入这个储存声音素材的“小水池”,然后会得到秘钥。
You have access to the Star Wars library, which is maybe one of the best things ever.
你就可以访问《星球大战》素材库了,这可能是有史以来最棒的东西之一。
It felt slightly nerve-racking getting access to all the Star Wars sounds, because it did feel like breaking into a vault.
听到所有《星球大战》里的声音有点伤脑筋,因为那感觉就像闯入了一个宝库。
The TIE explosion is cool.
TIE爆炸很酷。
I mean, I think it's every little girl's dream to go make Star Wars sounds.
我意思是,我认为每个小女孩都梦想能去制作《星球大战》的声音。
I mean, Skywalker Sound is full of sound geniuses who have made the most ridiculously iconic sounds that exist.
我是说,“天行者之声”团队里声音制作方面的人才济济,他们创造了现存最不可思议的标志性声音。
And you walk down the hallways, and those people are just bobbing around with some coffee, getting on with their business.
你穿过走廊,看到那些人只拿着咖啡一边四处走动,一边继续他们的工作。
Colonel Sandurz: Mr. Coffee. Care for some?
咖啡先生,要来一杯吗?
Gary Rydstrom: I often tell people, "Hey, I worked on 'Saving Private Ryan' and 'Toy Story' and 'Jurassic Park' and 'Spaceballs'."
我经常告诉别人,“我曾参与过《拯救大兵瑞恩》、《玩具总动员》、《侏罗纪公园》和《太空球》。”
" They go, " 'Spaceballs'!
“他们会说,《太空球》!”
'" Bonnie: Gary Rydstrom is kicking around in his room.
Gary Rydstrom在他的房间里踢来踢去。
And then Ben Burtt is just around the corner there.
而Ben Burtt就在拐角处。
He's like, "Yeah, this is how I made R2-D2." And then he's like, "This is how I made a lightsaber." Like it's nothing!
他说:“是的,这就是我制作R2-D2的方法。”然后他说:"我就是这么制作光剑的。”又好像什么都没做!
But it's, like, everything.
但它就如同万事万物。
He just created the sounds of an entire galaxy.
他只是创造了整个银河系的声音。
Here it is, a building full of people just dedicated to sound.
就是这里,一群致力于声音制作的人聚集在这栋房子里。
You know, and it's all under one roof.
大家齐心协力。
Randy Thom: You know, I often say I was here at Skywalker Ranch before there was a "here." Let's search for a familiar Star Wars sound.
我常说,在有“这里”之前,我就到“天行者牧场”了。让我们来找一个熟悉的《星球大战》中的声音。
And that's a metal shear that I recorded for "The Empire Strikes Back," and it's the main sound component of the Imperial Walkers -- the AT-ATs.
那是我为《帝国反击战》录制的金属剪切声,是四足步行机“AT-AT”主要的声音组件。
Before Star Wars, the sound style was fairly synthetic.
在《星球大战》之前,声音风格基本都是合成的。
George Lucas despised that idea.
George Lucas不喜欢这个方法。
He wanted science fiction films to sound like art.
他希望科幻电影的声音听上去有艺术感。
Luke Skywalker: Ben?
Ben?
Randy: That is harder than it sounds.
这比听上去更难。
Luke: No!
不!
Crew: Bang, bang, bang!
砰,砰,砰!
George Lucas: Well, we have to think of another way.
我们得另想一个办法。
Randy: George had this idea in mind that he called "the used future." He wanted everything to sound like it had been used a lot in the real world.
George有这么个想法,他称之为“使用过的未来”。他想让所有东西听起来都像是在现实世界中经常听到的。
It had to feel believable and naturalistic and more or less organic and relatable, but it had this kind of exotic feeling as well that helped you buy that it was happening in a galaxy far, far away.
它必须让人觉得可信和自然,或多或少是有机的、有关联的,但它也包含一种奇异的感觉,让你相信它发生在一个遥远的星系中。
Ryan Frias: My very first job here when I was, like, 22 years old, hot out of college, it was a sound effects librarian.
我在这里的第一份工作,大概在22岁大学刚毕业的时候,是做一名音效管理员。
And it was like this really amazing title, right?
就像这个非常了不起的名称,对吧?
And I was like, "What is this?" The sounds effects librarian would take all these cool sounds from all the shows.
我当时想,"这是什么?"音效管理员会从所有场景中提取这些很酷的声音。
They listen to every single sound and type out the description to recall that sound.
他们聆听每一个声音,然后输入描述性的文字以便检索。
I can start with R2; see what we got there.
我可以从R2开始,看看我们有什么。
The description is "R2-D2-like tones, musical, cute." And here's a sad R2-D2, like, sad beeps.
描述是“像R2-D2一样的音调,音乐般的,可爱的。”而这里有一个悲伤的R2-D2,就像悲伤的哔哔声。
So maybe frowning.
也许在皱着眉头。
So these droids have emotion.
所以这些机器人有情感。
Josh Lowden: I mean, a lot of us just grew up on Star Wars, and it's definitely kind of central to our legacy.
我的意思是,我们很多人都是看着《星球大战》长大的,这绝对是“天行者”传奇的核心。
But we work on close to 200 projects a year.
但是我们一年要做将近200个项目。
Ryan: As I opened this up today, it looks like there's a little over 720,000 sounds in our Skywalker sounds effects library, which is insane.
当我今天打开这个的时候,看起来在我们的“天行者”音效库里有超过72万种声音,这也太夸张了。
You have the "Tron" motorcycles.
这里有"Tron" 的摩托车音效。
As creative people, you don't want technology to slow you down.
作为有创造力的人,你不希望科技拖你的后腿。
When you have a thought and you really got to get it out there on a blank canvas like this, you really need fast tools to actually give you the results as fast as you think.
当你有了一个想法,你真的需要把它写在像这样的一张空白画布上,你的确需要迅捷的工具,让你能如同你想的那样快地得到结果。
And without Soundminer, without Pro Tools and that interconnect, and without the Mac, there would be no fast iteration of creativity.
没有Soundminer,没有Pro Tools和那种互联系统,没有Mac,就不会有创新的快速迭代。
So this is the Central Machine Room.
这就是中央机房。
The Central Machine Room is basically the brain of all the stage operations here at Skywalker.
中央机房基本上是“天行者”所有工作台操控的中枢。
These boxes up here actually help synchronize all these Macs together so that when they're playing the movie on the stage, all these machines are all playing at the same exact time.
这里的这些盒子可以帮助同步所有的Mac电脑,这样当它们在工作台上播放电影时,全部机器都在同一时间播放。
So there's really long cables from here to the actual edit bay in the stage, so the editors, when they're working, they're actually controlling the computer here in the Central Machine Room.
所以从这里到工作台的编辑区有很长的电缆,当编辑工作时,他们实际上控制着中央机房里的计算机。
André Fenley: Name that tune.
说出那个声音的名字。
The second movie I ever worked on here was "Jurassic Park." There hadn't been a dinosaur sound in a movie that sounded like that prior to "Jurassic Park." Did everybody get a little tingle?
我在这里制作的第二部电影是《侏罗纪公园》。在《侏罗纪公园》之前,还没有一部电影中出现过这样的恐龙声音。大家是不是都有点激动?
Did that do something?
有效果吗?
Sound designers actually create sounds from nothing.
声音设计师实际上是从无到有创造声音。
They're just -- They're playing.
他们只是在玩。
They're playing; they're having fun.
他们在玩,玩的很开心。
They're going out and recording the most weird things that you could think of.
他们要外出录下你能想到的最奇怪的声音。
And they take those raw sounds and manipulate them and bend them and break them and turn them upside down and see what they get.
他们对那些原始的声音进行处理,把它们扭曲、分解,把它们颠倒过来,然后看看能得到什么。
Al: My uncle Kevin gave this to me in my stocking.
这是Kevin叔叔放在袜子里送给我的礼物。
And I was like, "OK, what's this?" I'm going to go ahead and start a session.
我当时想,"这是啥”。我要开始继续录音了。
We are recording.
我正在录音。
So now.
现在。
Here's what we got. Ooh...
这就是我们刚录下的。哦……
You can hear that, but let's -- let's go a little spaceship-y with it, and let's take it down 10 semitones.
你能听的到,但让我们给它配上一艘小宇宙飞船,再降十个半音。
That's kind of cool, huh?
很酷吧?
Chris Scarabosio: These are TIE fighter-like ships, so I wanted something that kind of sounded like the TIE fighter but, you know, obviously steering clear.
这些是类似于TIE战斗机的飞船,所以我想要听起来像TIE战斗机的东西,但你知道,显然要让两者明显区分开。
So these are some elements.
所以就要用到这些素材。
Whoa!
哇!
That was awesome.
太棒了。
So this is just titled "space shriek." So that's the...
所以这些被命名为“太空呼啸”。这就是……
And then freezing it so that it loops.
然后暂停,让它循环。
And then -- Oh, here you go.
接着,就是这样。
There's the -- the cougar.
这是美洲狮。
The cat.
猫。
Those are all the elements that make up this sound.
这些都是组成这个声音的元素。
It just doesn't make any sense, but that's what we do.
这根本没有道理可言,但我们就是这么做的。
长度限制,完整版可前往“每日英语听力”APP,搜索关键词“Mac背后”即可查看。
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!