Hello.
大家好。
My name is Sammi, and I am from Paris, France originally.
我的名字是 Sammi,我来自法国巴黎。
From Atlanta, Georgia.
乔治亚州的亚特兰大城。
From Sydney, Australia.
澳洲悉尼。
London, England.
英国伦敦。
Moscow, Russia.
俄罗斯莫斯科。
There's been a lot more, but those are the ones that come to mind.
还有其他更多地区,这些只是我刚好想到的地方。
My name is Sammi Grant, I'm a dialect coach and I'm legally blind.
我是口音教练 Sammi Grant ,我是名盲人。
A dialect coach is someone who teaches actors accents.
口音教练是负责教演员各种口音的人。
I can do accents from around the world.
我能模仿世界各地不同的口音。
I don't really even have a count anymore because I've taught so many.
我甚至不去计算会的口音了,因为数量已经太多了。
I mostly work for the stage.
我大部分都教舞台演员。
I've started dabbling in television.
现在也开始做电视配音。
One of the reasons I think that I took to voice work and dialect work is because I'm more in tune with hearing.
我其中一个从事声音和方言工作的原因是我对听力比较在行。
So people are always like, "Oh, you have heightened hearing".
所以人们常常说"哦,你有听觉过敏。"
I don't like that phrase 'cause it sounds like we have like superhero hearing, like we're Daredevil or something.
我不喜欢这种说法,因为那好像说我们有超人般的听力,像夜魔侠之类的。
Oh, you're just like Daredevil.
哦,你就像夜魔侠。
No.
并不是。
But I do have more a tuned hearing.
但我的确听力较好。
I use my hearing more than a sighted person because I have to.
我比视力正常的人更常使用听觉,因为我必须这么做。
For a London accent, placement's really important, so the placements like really forwards in the mouth.
伦敦腔舌头的位置很重要,它在口腔内的位置会很靠前。
So there's the southern accent that lacks the R.
南方口音缺少R音。
The Australian accent is quite different than the British accent, so they don't really say like, buttah.
澳洲腔跟英国腔很不同,他们不会说 buttah。
It's a little more like butter.
会比较像 butter。
Transatlantic accent is very dramatic.
跨大西洋口音非常戏剧化。
It's what you hear in those old-time movies.
就是老电影里会听到的腔调。
It's kind of like a, well, well I don't know, is he ever gonna love me?
有点类似"嗯,我不知道,他真的会爱上我吗?"
Well, I just want him to love me.
我只是想他爱我。
But if I'm too expressive, maybe he won't, I don't know.
但要是我太明显,他是不是就不会爱我了?我不知道。
For Russian accent you want to sort of feel like you swallow some in back of the mouth.
如果是俄罗斯口音,听起来会像是嘴巴里含了某种东西。
This is very stereotype, but like the Jewish New York mother.
虽然这很刻板印象,但这就像犹太裔纽约母亲。
This is what I do a lot with my friends.
我很常和朋友这么做。
You know, kind of like the, why don't you call me?
像是,你为什么不打给我?
You know I sit around and wait for your calls all day, and you never call me.
我整天都坐在这等你的电话,但你一直没有打来。
I don't mind, it's okay, you know, just whatever.
我不介意,没关系,随便。
I just pay for your college tuition, it's okay.
我不过是帮你付了大学学费而已,也没什么。
It's a pretty in-depth process teaching someone an accent.
腔调模仿教学的过程其实很复杂。
I get sent this script and I try to gather everything I can.
我收到剧本,然后尽力搜集所有信息。
So that goes much beyond just, where does this take place?
不只是哪里的腔调这么简单。
It also factors in time period and education level, class level, and I also think about the gender of my character.
还包括了年代、教育程度、社会阶级,还必须考虑角色的性别。
And then I talk with the director to sort of, you know, touch base on their concept for the voice of the show.
然后还得找导演谈话,讨论戏里这个角色该有怎样的音色。
And then I kind of go on a hunt for authentic speakers.
之后我会开始寻找此语言真正的母语人士。
Once I've gathered all that information, I present it to the actor.
一旦我搜集完所有信息,我就会呈现给演员看。
We're now surrounded by so many voices that are emotionless.
如今我们被很多缺乏情绪的声音围绕。
You know by these automated voices that sound very fake.
那些虚假的自动语音系统。
Where it's like, I'd love to help you. I'm a computer that's here to help you with whatever you want all the time.
听起来就像"很高兴为您服务,我是随时随地为您提供帮助的计算机系统。"
I love meeting new people and hearing their voices.
我喜欢认识新的人,听他们的声音。
I, you know, immediately go into dialect coach mode and I wanna sort of imitate them.
然后我会立刻进入口音教练的模式,并试着模仿他们。
I just wanna like experience their voice and experience what their vocalizing.
感受他们的声音和发音方式。
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!