【听美文,学口语】乔布斯临终遗言,震撼灵魂的文字,追求极致的朗读|美国英语

【听美文,学口语】乔布斯临终遗言,震撼灵魂的文字,追求极致的朗读|美国英语

00:00
05:30

Steve Jobs

史蒂夫·乔布斯

Last words moments before he died

2011年10月他在临终前的最后遗言


I have reached the pinnacle of success in the business world,

我在商界达到了成功的巅峰,

In others’ eyes, my life was an epitome of success.

在别人眼里,我的生活是成功的缩影。

However, aside from work, I have little joy. 

然后除了工作,我几乎没有什么快乐。

In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I'm accustomed to.

说到底,财富只是我生活里习以为常的一个事实而已。

At this moment, lying on the sick bed and recalling my whole life,

此时此刻,躺在病床,回想起自己的一生,

I realize that, all the recognition and wealth I took so much pride in,

我意识到所有我引以为豪的认可跟财富,

have paled, and become meaningless in the face of impeding death.

在寂即将到来的死亡面前都变得苍白和毫无疑义。

In the darkness, I look at the green lights from the life supporting machines,

在黑暗里我看着维持我生命的机器发出的绿光,

and hear the humming mechanical sounds.

听着机械的嗡嗡声。

I can feel the breath of god of death drawing closer.

我能感觉到死神气息在步步逼近。

Now I know, when we have accumulated sufficient wealth to last our lifetime,

现在我终于知道,当我们积累的足够的财富来维持一生的时候,

we should pursue other matters that are unrelated to wealth,

我们应该去追求其他与财富无关的事情,

should be something that's more important.

应该是其他更重要的东西。

Perhaps, relationships.

或许是一段爱情。

Perhaps art.

或许是艺术。

Perhaps a dream from younger days.

或许是年轻时的一个梦想。

Non-stop pursuing of wealth will only turn a person into a twisted being,

对财富无休止的追求,只会让一个人变得扭曲,

just like me.

正像我一样。

God gave us the senses to let us feel the love in everyone’s heart,

上帝给了我们感官,是让我们感受心里的爱,

not the illusion brought out by wealth.

而不是财富带来的幻象。

The wealth that I've won in my life, I cannot bring with me,

我一生中赢来的财富无法携带,

what I can bring is only the memories precipitated by love.

我能带走的只有爱沉淀下来的回忆。

That's the true riches which will follow you, 

这才是真正的财富,

accompany you,

它们伴随你,陪伴你,

giving you strength and light to go on.

给你带来走下去的力量跟光明。

Love can travel a thousand miles.

爱能行千里,

Life has no limit,

生命亦无极限,

Go where you wanna go,

去你想去的地方,

Reach the height you want to reach,

去抵达心中的那个高度,

It's all in your heart, and in your hands.

道路就在心里,方向由你掌握。


What's the most expensive bed in the world?

世界上最贵的床是什么?

Sick bed.

病床。

You can employ someone to drive the car for you,

你能雇人为你开车,

Make money for you,

或为你赚钱,

But you cannot have someone to bear the sickness for you.

但却不能让人为你承担病痛。

Material things lost can be found,

物质的东西丢了可以找回来,

But there's one thing they can never be found when is lost,

但有一样东西一旦丢了就永远丢了,

life.

生命。

When a person goes into the operating room,

当一个人走进手术室的时候,

He will realize that there is one book that he is yet to finish reading,

他会意识到有一本书他还没来得及读,

The book of healthy life.

这本书叫《健康生活》。

Whichever stage in life you are at right now,

无论我们现在处在人生的哪个阶段,

with time, we will face the day when the curtain comes down.

随着时间推移,我们总要面对落幕的那一天。

Treasure love for your family,

珍惜对家庭的爱,

love for your spouse,

对伴侣的爱,

love for your friends.

对朋友的爱。

Treat yourself well,

好好善待自己,

Cherish others.

珍惜他人。


以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!