This is something you can't pick up at your grocery store.
接下来要说的东西是你在杂货店里买不到的。
You can't order it on Amazon and good luck trying to make it at home.
也没法在亚马逊里订购。如果你想试试在家里自己做,那么祝你好运吧!
It all starts here.
一切探索始于这里。
There's so much action back here.
这里还多人啊。
How many people do you have working right now in this small space?
这里现在有多少员工?
We have probably about 45 people.
大概45人。
Have you ever considered yourself overstaffed?
你有没有觉得自己员工雇佣太多了。
Always. Okay. It's just a matter of having enough people so that it all runs pretty smooth and most importantly guests are not waiting.
一直这么觉得。其实就是够不够的问题。要保证一切运营得很顺利。最重要的是不能让客人等。
Right!
没错!
If you're overstepped, you can overdeliver. Exactly. This is Dave Cavallaro.
人配得多,卖出去的订单也会更多。当然了。这就是Dave Cavallaro。
He could have spent his days voicing trailers or UFC promos.
他本来的工作是给预告片或者UFC宣传片配音。
But instead exactly 20 years ago, he decided to open the Mouth Trap, giving State Fair patrons a taste of heaven with his deep-fried cheese curds.
但在20年前,他决定开一家味蕾陷阱,用他的油炸志十卷让明尼苏达州集市的顾客,品尝到天堂的味道。
Soon after this became Minnesota's most irresistible dairy addiction and I'm here to get my fair.
不久以后,这里变成了明尼苏达州最不可抗拒的打卡点,让人对乳制品欲罢不能。而我来这里也是为了解馋。
When I think State Fair, I think this right here cheese curds.
当我想到明尼苏达州博览会,我就会想到这里的奶酪粒。
18 dollars for a bucket of cheese curds.
18美元一桶的奶酪粒。
This is far too much for one person.
一个人来吃就太多了。
I gotta share. Cheese curds, sir.
我得和别人分分。先生,和我来点这个吧。
You gotta share them?
你想分点吗?
I gotta share them.
来吧。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you for your service.
感谢你为大家服务。
Cheese curds shareable.
看见没有,奶酪粒,可供分享。
Which one do I try?
先吃哪个呢?
Here's what I love about picking.
这也是我为什么喜欢挑挑拣拣。
There's like little ones like this, which are gonna be more crunchy.
小块的,就会比较脆。
And then there's big fat ones like this, which are like juicy.
大块的,就会很多汁。
Cheese juice. That's my favorite kind of juice.
奶酪汁,这是我最喜欢的一种。
Screw lemonade, screw apple juice, orange juice. No! Cheese juice!
什么柠檬汁、苹果汁、橙汁。我都不要,就要奶酪汁。
If you're from outside the U.S., come to Wisconsin, try the cheese curds.
如果你来自美国以外的地方,那得来威斯康星州尝试奶酪粒。
Cheese there is unlike cheese from any other place in the world.
那里的奶酪不同于世界上任何地方的奶酪。
I've tried it all and there's nothing that comes close.
我尝过所有的奶酪,连相似的都没有。
The only way to make it better is with what they've done here.
而唯一能让奶酪粒更好吃的做法只有在这里才有。
It bursts in your mouth.
感觉奶酪在嘴里爆汁。
It's just a spray of hot cheese goo.
就像喷出了热乎乎的奶酪粘浆。
You look at these.
看这些。
They're all kind of stuck together like a big clump that counts as one piece.
它们感觉都是粘在一起的,好像一大块,就当成它是一个。
Here's what's great about the fair.
这也是博览会的好处。
If they mark the calories on every food, this is information you don't want to have. We're trying to have some comfort food knowing the calories would make you not so comfortable.
如果他们在每一种食物上都标明卡路里,而你并不想知道。我们只是想吃点舒心的美食,知道卡路里会让你不那么舒服。
This is it. This is the pinnacle.
这就是巅峰之作。
We're very good that being said there are a couple other new cheese creations being flaunted about here at the fair.
说到这里,这个展会上还有其他奶酪制品。
These are cheese items that might deserve a spotlight, but don't usually get one. Cheese curds get all the attention.
这些奶酪产品可能本身也值得被关注,但是被奶酪粒拖走了所有的焦点。
They're like the hot chicken in high school.
它们就像高中的吃的辣味鸡。
Except for 18 bucks, I can actually hang out with these.
除了它要18美元以外,我还可以出门玩的时候也带上它。
Let's check out some other cheese.
我们看看博览会里的其他奶酪什么样。
On State Fair day two, Calvin and I took on bizarre bites — strange food combinations like dough skits.
第二天,Calvin和我一起吃了点奇怪的食物组合,比如甜甜圈饼干。
An unusual spicy mix between a donut and a biscuit.
一个不同寻常的辣味甜甜圈和饼干的组合。
We had a pickle surrounded with cream cheese and a cloak of pastrami.
我们还吃了一大片熏牛肉卷泡菜和奶油干酪。
It's so good and even a nordic waffle filled with mac and cheese topped with a bone in drumstick.
味道太棒了!甚至还有装满奶酪通心粉的北欧华夫饼,上面还放了带骨的鸡腿。
What a combination!
这组合也太妙了!
As you can see, folks in the Midwest are quite fond of comfort food.
你可以看到,中西部的人相当喜欢舒心的美食。
That's designed to send you into a deep postprandial coma.
这种食物吃了会让你陷入餐后深度昏迷。
But when you wake from your insulin-induced slumber, you may reach out for something new.
但当你从胰岛素引起的沉睡中醒来时,你可能又会去寻找新的东西。
That's where hot Indian food comes in.
这时候印度热食就登场了。
Here they serve authentic Indian flavors in formats familiar to locals.
在这里,他们会提供正宗的印度风味食物,还是以当地人熟悉的形式来制作。
And since I'm on a cheese roll today, I'm gonna keep going with this.
我今天吃的是奶酪卷,所以我还要吃这个。
This is a very interesting international fried cheese sensation.
这感觉是一种非常有意思的国际油炸奶酪。
This is Paneer Pakora.
这是帕内尔奶酪。
Paneer Pakora is a popular batter-fried cheese snack, originating in Northern India.
帕内尔奶酪是一种流行的糊状油炸奶酪小吃,起源于印度北部。
I've been to India many times.
我去过印度很多次。
They love cheese but they eat a really different type of cheese.
他们爱奶酪,但他们吃的奶酪类型非常不同。
Their cheese in this case is called Paneer.
这种情况下的奶酪被称为帕内尔奶酪。
This soft milky cheese is an essential ingredient in many renowned Indian dishes, like Pollock Paneer, in which the paneer is simmered in a spinach curry.
这种柔软的乳状奶酪是许多著名的印度菜肴中必不可少的成分,比如鳕鱼奶酪,奶酪丢在菠菜咖喱中炖制。
It's so good.
太好吃了。
Paneer cheese is made from cow or buffalo milk.
帕内尔奶酪是用牛奶或水牛奶制成的。
It's curdled, kneaded, and cut into yummy nutritious creamy cubes.
凝固揉捏后,切成美味营养的奶油方块。
But this isn't even the Paneer's final form.
但这还不是帕内尔奶酪的最终状态。
Imagine cottage cheese.
想象一下。
How that's kind of fun to chew on.
白软干酪咀嚼起来是多么的有趣。
Now imagine that in a cube form. They take that cube. They put their own signature Masala on there.
再想象一下,他们在立方块状的奶酪上。加上印度招牌马萨拉调味粉。
They give it a little bit of a dip in the batter.
并在面糊里稍微蘸一下。
They fry it and here it is. Indian cheese curds, what sounds pretty unique to me.
然后再炸,这就是印度奶酪粒。印度奶酪粒听起来确实很独特。
On the side we've got a sauce.
炸奶酪旁边有个酱汁。
We'll talk about that later.
我们稍后再说这个。
One step at a time.
一步一步来。
Boom! Bite number one.
第一口。
I'm going for it.
我准备好了。
I want it to be good.
我希望它是好吃的。
Is it going to be good?
应该是好吃的吧。
Let's see.
我们来尝尝。
I like that.
我喜欢呢。
Delicious Indian spices similar to like a curry. Cheese curds they melt the Paneer.
美味的印度香料类似于咖喱味。传统奶酪粒是会融化的。
It doesn't melt so even though it heats up, it doesn't really change its physical state.
但帕内尔不会,所以即使加热了,也不会真正改变它的物理状态。
It just becomes like a hotter version of the cube that it is.
它只是变得像奶酪立方粒热一点的版本。
On the outside it's nice and crunchy.
它的外面是好吃的,很脆。
It really matches the fair theme, everything being fried and in oil.
这真的很符合展会的主题,所有东西都是在油里炸过的。
Now the sauce.
现在尝尝酱汁。
This is a butter chicken sauce, but for some reason, in Minnesota, they've decided to call it tomato butter.
这是一种黄油鸡肉酱,但出于某种原因在明尼苏达州,他们决定叫它番茄黄油酱。
Something I'd never heard of when I was in India.
我在印度的时候从来没有听过。
If I know anything about Indian cuisine, it's that you can never have too much seasoning or too much sauce or too much flavor.
如果我对印度菜有什么了解的话,那就是你永远不能吃太多调味料酱汁或太重的味道。
字数限制,可前往每日英语听力APP查看完整版,更可解锁更多功能。
芝士大餐呀
Let’ s check out some other cheese.
Cheese curds