汤姆·希德勒斯顿 | 朗读《亨利五世》第三幕第三场

汤姆·希德勒斯顿 | 朗读《亨利五世》第三幕第三场

00:00
03:44

How yet resolves the Governor of the town?

城上的总督现在又怎样决定啦?

To our best mercy give yourselves

所以趁早接受了我们最大的恩典吧;

Or, like to men proud of destruction,

要不然,你们就像自寻死路的人,

Defy us to our worst; for, as I am a soldier,

休怪我们太毒辣无情。凭着我是个军人——

A name that in my thoughts becomes me best,

这称呼在我的思想中跟我最相配——

If I begin the batt'ry once again,

一旦我又发动了攻城,

I will not leave the half-achieved Harfleur

不到把这毁灭殆半的哈弗娄城

Till in her ashes she lie buried.

埋葬在灰烬底下,就决不罢休。


The gates of mercy shall be all shut up,

那时,一切慈悲之门都将全部闭紧。

And the flesh'd soldier, rough and hard of heart,

那些士兵尝过了战争的甜头,就只有一颗又狠又硬的心,

In liberty of bloody hand shall range

只有一双毫无顾忌、到处劫掠的血手;

With conscience wide as hell, mowing like grass

他们的良心,容纳罪恶,就像敞开大门的地狱。

Your fresh fair virgins and your flow'ring infants.

你们那些鲜艳娇嫩的姑娘,茁壮的婴儿,

就像花草一般,纷纷倒在镰刀底下。


What is it then to me if impious war,

那火光熊熊、杀气冲天的战争,

Array'd in flames, like to the prince of fiends,

本来就像是面目狰狞的魔鬼,魔鬼中的首领,

Do, with his smirch'd complexion, all fell feats

到时候如果它把一切烧杀掳掠的勾当都做尽了,

Enlink'd to waste and desolation?

那跟我又有什么相干?

What is't to me when you yourselves are cause,

如果是你们自己害得自己的闺女

If your pure maidens fall into the hand

落在那火热的奸淫者的手中,

Of hot and forcing violation?

那跟我又有什么相干?


Therefore, you men of Harfleur,

同样地办不到。所以,你们哈弗娄人,

Take pity of your town and of your people

顾惜自己的城市和自己的人民吧——

Whiles yet my soldiers are in my command;

趁眼前,我的将士还在我的掌握中;

Whiles yet the cool and temperate wind of grace

趁眼前,还有那清凉柔和的仁风

O'erblows the filthy and contagious clouds

在吹散那邪念、杀气、狠毒

Of heady murder, spoil, and villainy.

所凝成的重重乌云。


If not- why, in a moment look to see

要不然,嘿,只要一眨眼,

The blind and bloody with foul hand

那无法无天的兵丁不管满手血污,

Defile the locks of your shrill-shrieking daughters;

不管耳边的一阵阵尖声惨叫,

一把拖住了你们家闺女的秀发往外跑。

Your fathers taken by the silver beards,

你们的父老尊长有多么可敬,

却给一把揪住了银白的胡须——

And their most reverend heads dash'd to the walls;

高贵的额头,也得对准墙脚撞!

Your naked infants spitted upon pikes,

你们那些赤裸裸的婴孩,被高高地挑在枪尖子上,

Whiles the mad mothers with their howls confus'd

底下,发疯的母亲们在没命嘶号,

Do break the clouds, as did the wives of Jewry

那惨叫声直冲云霄,好比当年希律王

At Herod's bloody-hunting slaughtermen.

大屠杀时的犹太妇女一样。

What say you? Will you yield, and this avoid?

你们怎么回答?你们愿意投降、

Or, guilty in defence, be thus destroy'd?

还是执迷不悟、自取杀身之祸?


GOVERNOR 总督

Our expectation hath this day an end:

挨到今天,我们已死了那等待救兵的心。

The Dauphin, whom of succours we entreated,

我们向太子求救,不料他回说是,

Returns us that his powers are yet not ready

他一时还不能出兵

To raise so great a siege. Therefore, great King,

来解除这么猛烈的围攻。所以,伟大的皇上,

We yield our town and lives to thy soft mercy.

我们把城市,连同自己的生命,都呈献在您宽厚的恩德的面前。

Enter our gates; dispose of us and ours;

进城来吧。我们,以及我们的一切,全听凭您发落——

For we no longer are defensible.

因为我们再没有抵抗的能力了。


Open your gates. Come, uncle Exeter,

快给我把城门打开来!爱克塞特王叔,你来,

Go you and enter Harfleur; there remain,

你带领队伍进哈弗娄城去;

And fortify it strongly 'gainst the French;

就驻扎在那儿,严密防备着法军,

Use mercy to them all. For us, dear uncle,

对全城人民放宽大些。我们呢,好王叔,

The winter coming on, and sickness growing

冬季降临了,军队中病号在增多,

Upon our soldiers, we will retire to Calais.

我们将退守到卡莱。

To-night in Harfleur will we be your guest;

今晚,我们在哈弗娄做你的上宾

To-morrow for the march are we addrest.

到了明天,我们就准备向北行军。



以上内容来自专辑
用户评论
  • 楚涵美美哒

    我家抖森!最性感英音!