听威尔史密斯谈自律努力,会带给你想要的人生

听威尔史密斯谈自律努力,会带给你想要的人生

00:00
09:46

99% of people are not willing to do what it takes to make their dreams come true.
百分之 99 的人都不愿意承担那些能让他们梦想实现的代价。
The Marines have a saying: "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die".

美国海军中有句话是这么说的:"每个人都想上天堂,但没有人想死。"
The center of bringing any dream into fruition is self-discipline.
而实现梦想的关键就是自律。
You know, something as simple as food and eating ,it's not about your body as much as it is about your mind.
这跟吃饭一样简单,但自律与身体无关,而是与你的心灵有关。
It's getting command of your mind to be able to choose actions that are in your own best interest.
自律能掌控你的内心,让你能选择出最符合自身利益的行为。
Every day we are choosing shit that's not in our own best interest.
我们每天所做的烂选择都不符合自己的最大利益。
So if the world is attacking you and the world wants to fight you and the world's trying to hold you down.
世界会攻击你、挑战你或拖累你。
So you're gonna kick yourself in the balls?
所以你还不好好地鞭策自己吗?
So you will stop yourself from getting what you dream.
你会阻止自己实现梦想的那种人吗?
And I think the word "discipline" has kind of gotten a bad name.
我想"纪律"两个字有点被污名化。
We think about it in terms of punishment.
我们将它视为一种惩罚。
I'm not talking about discipline in that way.
我并不是用这种角度来看待纪律。
I'm talking about discipline in the sense that you you forego immediate pleasure for the exchange of long-term self-respect.
我说的纪律是,你愿意放弃眼前的愉悦以换取长期的自尊。
I believe that self-discipline is the definition of self-love, that when you say that you love yourself that means that you have behavior towards yourself.
我相信自律是自爱的另一种定义,当你说你爱自己时就代表你会做对自己好的事。
That is loving.
这就是自爱。
Self-discipline is the center of all material success.
自律是一切成功的关键。
You cannot win the war against the world if you can't win the war against your own mind.
如果你连自己的内心都战胜不了,更遑论对抗这个世界。
Self-love is when you say to yourself "Man, look I know you and that girl got a real connection".
自爱是你会告诉自己:"听着,我知道你跟那女孩心有灵犀。"
"I know y'all vibe, but that's your girl's cousin".
"我知道你在想什么,但她是你女友的堂妹。"
"So I love you too much to let you do that".
"我太爱你了,所以我不能让你这么做。"
It's like you say to yourself :" Hey man look".
自爱就是告诉自己:"嘿,听着。"
"I know you want to eat that pizza and it will be really good, you know, but I can't let you eat that man cuz if you eat that, you will feel like shit".
"我知道你很想吃那块披萨,而且他尝起来一定很美味,但我不能让你吃,因为你会感觉很糟。"
"You know, I just, I love you too much to let you eat that".
"你知道,我只是太爱你了,所以不能让你吃它。"
Self-love is "Hey, look".
自爱是:"听着。"
"I know you got a a test on Monday, you know, and I know you really want to go out with your friends on Saturday night, you want to go out,
"你周一有场考试,我知道你真的很想在周六晚上跟朋友出去玩,
but If you fail that test, you're not gonna feel good about yourself".
但要是你考差了,那感受肯定不好。"
"You know, I just I love you too much to let you go out tonight".
"你知道,我太爱你了才不想让你在今晚出门。"
Self-discipline is self-love, if you wanna be happy you have to love yourself which means you have to discipline your behavior.
自律就是自爱,如果你想要快乐就必须爱自己,这代表你的行为必须有所纪律。
The road to sustained happiness is through disciplining your behavior.
对你的行为有所纪律能让你走完这条路、能为你带来快乐。
We tend to base our self-esteem on what other people think and that's not really self-esteem.
我们经常将自我价值建立在他人对你的想法上,但事实并不是如此。
Self-esteem's supposed to be how we feel about ourselves.
自我价值应该是我们如何看待自己的。
And I was just saying how dangerous it is to allow other people to determine how you're going to feel about you.
我只是想强调,让别人决定你的感受有多危险。
And it's kind of like looking into a broken mirror.
这就像看着一面破碎的镜子。
You're gonna look in a broken mirror and then change your face to try to look good in this defiled busted broken mirror and it just other people's opinions.
你会看着这面镜子,试着让自己在这破碎不堪的镜子中变得好看,但却是建立在他人的意见上。
There's a really shit way to determine how we feel about ourselves.
这种看待自己的方法真的很糟。
It don't matter whose fault it is, that something is broken, if it's your responsibility to fix it.
不管是谁的错,或是什么东西坏掉了,如果是你的责任,那就去修补它。
For example, it's not somebody's fault if their father was an abusive alcoholic.
举例来说,如果谁的父亲是个酒鬼,那绝对不是任何人的错。
But it's for damn sure their responsibility to figure out how they're gonna do with those traumas and try to make a life out of it
但想办法解决这些创伤和生活下去,绝对是他们的责任。
It's not your fault if your partner cheated and ruined your marriage.
如果你的伴侣欺骗你并毁了你们的婚姻,也不会是你的错。
But it is for damn sure your responsibility to figure out how to take that pain and how to overcome that and build a happy life for yourself.
但找到抚平伤痛的方法、克服伤痛然后为自己建立一场快乐的人生,就绝对是你自己的责任了。
Fault and responsibility do not go together, it sucks, but they don't.
错误和责任不能并为一谈,这很讨厌,但他们就是不能画上等号。
When something is somebody's fault we want them to suffer.
当一件事是谁的错时,我们会希望他承受痛苦。
We want them punished, we want them to pay, we want it to be their responsibility to fix it but that's not how it works, especially when it's your heart.
我们想要他们被惩罚、付出代价,我们想要让这件事变成他们责任、让他们去弥补;但你的真实心情并不这么认为。
Your heart, your life, your happiness is your responsibility and your responsibility alone.
你的心、你的人生和你的快乐是你自己的责任。
As long as we're pointing the finger and stuck in whose fault.
我们会将矛头指向某人、坚持这件事是谁的错。
Something is we're jammed and trapped into victim mode.
我们会因此陷入了受害者模式中。
When you're in victim mode, you're stuck in suffering, the road to power is in taking responsibility.
在这之中,你陷入痛苦之中,而通往光明的道路就是承担责任。
Your heart, your life, your happiness is your responsibility and your responsibility alone.
你的心、你的人生和你的快乐是你自己的责任。
You can make a person smile, you can make a person feel good ,you can make a person laugh.
你可以让一个人微笑、让一个人心情很好也能让一个人开怀大笑。
But whether or not a person is happy is deeply and totally and utterly out of your control.
但一个人是否真的开心,完全不在你的掌控之中。
The prerequisite for spending time with any person is that they nourish and inspire you.
花时间和一个人相处的前提是,他能给你帮助,能激励你。
They feed your flame, look at your last five text messages.
他们助长了你的火焰,看看你手机上的最后五则讯息。
Are those people feeding your flames or dousing your fire?
这些人在滋长你的热情还是浇熄他们?
Put your phone down for just a second and look around.
放下你的手机,环顾一下四周。
Look to the people around you.
看看你身边的人。
Are those people throwing logs on your fire or they pissing on it?
他们是在为你的火添柴,还是在上面撒尿?
I want my life, I want my work, my family.
我想要我的生活、我想要我的工作和我的家人。
I wanted to mean something and it's like it has if you are not making someone else's life better than you're wasting your time.
如果你没有让谁的人生过得更好,那么你就是在浪费你的人生。
The separation of talent and skill is one of the the the greatest misunderstood concepts for people who are trying to excel who have dreams that want to do things.
天分和技术是分开的,这是很多想进步的人会产生的误会。
Talent you have naturally, skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft.
天份是你天生就拥有的,技巧只能在持续的训练自身能力之时产生。
You don't try to build a wall.
你不用尝试建造一道墙。
You don't set out to build a wall, you don't say I'm the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built.
你不必建造一道墙,你不必告诉自己这是有史以来最大的、最坏的、最强壮的墙。
You don't start there, you say I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.
你的起点不必在那,你要砌一块最完美的砖。
There will not be one brick on the face of the earth that's gonna be lay better than this brick that I'm gonna lay in this next 10 minutes.
世界上不会有比我接下来这十分钟之内要砌的这块砖更完美的砖头。
And you do that every single day.
而你每天都要做这件事。
And soon you have a wall and I think psychologically the advantage that gives me over over a lot of people that I have been in competition with in different situations.
很快地你就能筑起一道墙,而心理上来讲,这让我在竞争时比其他人有更多的优势。
It's difficult to take the first step when you look how big the task is.
当你觉得这项任务很困难时,踏出第一步非常困难。
The definition of "Who I am" is very clear to me and it also redefines who I want to be.
"我是谁"的定义对我而言,非常清楚,这也帮助我重新了解我想成为什么样的人。
And that I know for a fact that I'm stronger than I thought I was.
而我知道一件事,我比想象中更强壮。
You know, you can't help but ask yourself the question,"What would I do if I was in Mohammad Ali's shoes"?
你知道的,我们无法停止问自己:"如果我是 Mohammad Ali 我会怎么做? "
I'm motivated by fear.
恐惧能够激励我。
I hate being scared to do something.
我很讨厌害怕做某些事情。
And I think what developed in my early days was the the attitude that I started attacking things I was scared of.
当我开始反抗那些曾经让我很害怕的事之后,我发现我的态度有所成长。
Why were you scared in your bed the night before?
你为什么要在前一晚躲在床上,觉得害怕呢?
Why did you, what do you need that fear for? Just don't go?
你何必需要害怕呢?往前走吧!
Why are you scared in your bed 16 hours before you jump? Why are you scared in the car?
为什么要在跳跃前躲床上,害怕了整整 16 个小时呢?为什么要躲在车里害怕着?
Why could you not enjoy breakfast?
为什么你不能享受早餐呢?
Fear is, fear of what? You're nowhere even near the airplane everything up to the stepping out.
你在害怕什么?你甚至还没到达跳下飞机前的那个位置。
There's actually no reason to be scared, it only just ruins your day.
其实你没有理由感到畏惧,这只是在破坏你的一天。
You don't have to jump and then in that moment, all of a sudden where you should be terrified is the most blissful experience of your life.
你不需要跳下,当你感到害怕的那个瞬间,就是你人生中最幸福的时刻了。
And God place the best things in life on the other side of terror.
而上帝会把好事放在恐惧的另一侧。

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论
  • 烟雨行舟瑶台

    非常受益,内容也非常适合我自学

  • uuaz09

    self discipline

  • 正在更新中renew