E37 我们必须要告诉牛局长
原文及翻译
Otterton, in the cage behind them, slammed against the glass walls of his cell.
他们身后的奥獭顿猛撞了一下他笼子的玻璃。
“Biology, Doctor? Spare me.”
“生物特性?饶了我吧,医生。”
“We both know what they all have in common. We can’t keep it a secret. We need to come forward,” the doctor said.
医生说 :“我们都知道他们有个共同点,我们不能一直守着这个秘密。我们得提出来。”
Lionheart snarled and turned on the doctor. “What do you think will happen if the press gets ahold of this?”
狮市长转向医生咆哮道 :“你觉得要是媒体知道了这个秘密会怎么样?”
“What does Chief Bogo think?” asked the doctor.
医生问 :“牛局长怎么想?”
“Chief Bogo doesn’t know. And we are going to keep it that way.”
“牛局长还不知道,我们也不想让他知道。”
Brrring! Brrring! Judy’s phone broke the silence. It was her parents calling.
铃铃铃!朱迪的手机突然响起来,是她父母打来的。
Lionheart looked up, startled. “Someone’s here!”
狮市长抬起头,大惊失色 :“有人!”
“Sir, you need to go now,” said the doctor.
“Security, sweep the area!”
医生说 :“先生,您赶紧离开。保安,搜索现场!”
Nick and Judy ran as an alarm blared throughout the asylum. Wolves swarmed the halls.
警报响彻精神病院,朱迪和尼克迅速往外跑。大厅里聚集了一群狼。
“Great, we’re dead. That’s it. I’m dead. You’re dead. Everybody’s dead,” Nick declared.
尼克表示道 :“这下好了,我们死定了。就是这样。我死定了,你死定了,我们都死定了!”
“Can you swim?” Judy asked Nick, ducking into an empty cell and putting her phone into an evidence bag.
朱迪问尼克 :“你会游泳吗?”说着她钻进一只空笼子,把手机装进了证物袋。
“What? Can I swim? Of course. Why?” Nick watched Judy dive into a large hippo toilet. He closed his eyes and jumped in after her.
“什么?我会不会游泳?当然会。怎么了?”尼克见朱迪潜入了一个河马用的大马桶,他也闭上眼跟着跳了进去。
They slid through the pipe, twisting this way and that until they finally shot out, cascading over a waterfall.
他们在顺着管道蜿蜒滑行,直到最后冲了出来,从瀑布上落下。
After a gasp of air, Nick swam to the riverbank. But Judy was nowhere to be seen. “Carrots? Hopps? Judy!”
尼克深吸了一口气,游到了岸边。但朱迪却不见了踪影。“胡萝卜?霍普斯?朱迪!”
He sighed when he saw her emerge from the water, holding her bagged phone over her head. “We’ve got to tell Bogo.”
当他看见朱迪从水里浮了起来时,终于舒了一口气。她把装在袋子里的手机高举过头顶。“我们得去告诉牛局长!”
重点单词
1. startled adj. 受惊吓的
2. swarm v. 动物或者人成群地来回移动
3. dive v. 潜水
重点词组/句型
1. spare me. 你可饶了我吧。
2. have something in common 有共同之处
We do have something in common. 我们的确是有一些共同点。
have nothing in common 毫无共同点
We have nothing in common. 我们毫无共同之处可言。
3. come forward 挺身而出
4. What do you think will happen if… 如果…..,你觉得会发生什么?
What do you think will happen if I don’t go to school?
你觉得我要是不去上学会怎么样呢?
5. keep sth that way 让某物保持原样
I’m gonna keep it that way, won’t change a thing in the room.
这房间就保持原状,我不会挪动任何东西。
I do like how we treat each other, let’s just keep it that way.
我觉得我们相处得挺好的,就继续保持这样吧。
6. That’s it. 我就说到这,我说完了。
7. a gasp of air 一口气
8. nowhere to be found 无处可寻
宝宝扒屎
👍👍👍
恶风徐徐
rr
luna_in 回复 @luna_in: rf
gg
luna_in 回复 @luna_in: ff
🔇🔕
ghhyt
good night Miss D好喜欢你的播讲啊