It was a windy November day.
这是一个刮着风的十一月的某一天。
William Shakespeare is at the palace of King James 1. He's having dinner with the King and Queen.
威廉·莎士比亚在詹姆士一世国王的宫殿里与国王与和王后共进晚餐。
Mr. Shakespeare, have some more wine.
莎士比亚先生,再来点酒吧。
What's this? Water? Where's my wine? !
这是什么?水?我的酒呢?!
Now dear, you know you mustn't drink too much wine. The doctor says it's bad for your health!
亲爱的,你知道的,你不能喝太多酒。医生说那样对你身体不好!
No wine? ! Madam, you are very cruel to me. Don't you agree, Mr. Shakespeare?
没有酒?夫人,你对我可是太残忍了。你难道不赞同吗,莎士比亚先生?
Your Majesty, the Queen is being cruel, only to be kind, like my character Hamlet, the Prince of Denmark.
陛下,女王是为您提出逆耳忠言啊,就像我剧作里的丹麦王子哈姆雷特一样。
Does Hamlet take away the King's wine?
哈姆雷特也拿走国王的酒吗?
No, no, your Majesty: Hamlet says cruel and terrible things to his mother, the Queen.
不,不,陛下。哈姆雷特对他的母亲,也就是王后,说了一些残酷糟糕的话。
He's angry because she married his uncle Claudius, very soon after his father's death.
他很生气,因为在他父亲死后不久,他母亲就嫁给了他的叔叔克劳迪斯。
Hamlet suspects that his mother, or his uncle, or both of them, killed his father, so that they could marry each other.
哈姆雷特怀疑他母亲,或是他叔叔,或者两人一起杀害了他的父亲,这样一来两人便可以结婚了。
Well! No wonder he's saying cruel things.
噢!难怪他会对他母亲说那些残酷的话。
But how is he going to be kind, I wonder? Go on, go on.
但我想知道,他那样做又如何是为了他母亲好呢?继续讲,继续讲。
Your Majesty. Hamlet tells his mother that he said these cruel and terrible things to shock her into realising that this marriage is wrong – it's a sin.
陛下。哈姆雷特告诉他的母亲,他说那些残酷的话是为了警醒她,让她意识到这段婚姻是错误的——这是罪孽。
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!