【第2集】天书 Greek to me(2)

【第2集】天书 Greek to me(2)

00:00
01:17

So Casca had no idea what Cicero was talking about. Just like me and Mother Howard!
所以卡斯卡不知道西塞罗在说什么。就像我和霍华德修女一样!
We'll leave them there for now.
我们先把他们放在一边。
Fortune tellers were common in Shakespeare's day.
算命人在莎士比亚的时代很普遍。
And they appear in many of his plays including Macbeth, the Comedy of Errors and Julius Caesar, in which the fortune teller warns Caesar to "beware the Ides of March"
他们出现在包括《麦克白》、《错误的喜剧》和《尤里乌斯·凯撒》在内的莎士比亚的很多剧本当中,在《尤里乌斯·凯撒》里,算命人警告凯撒要当心3月15日,
the day on which Caesar was eventually assassinated by his closest friends.
那一天也就是凯撒最终被最亲近的朋友刺杀的那一天。

The phrase " It was Greek to me " has become " It's all Greek to me " in modern English.

短语“ It was Greek to me ” 在现代英语中变成了“ It's all Greek to me ”。
And it's used when something – not just a foreign language – is difficult to understand.
它用于形容某种东西很难理解——不仅仅是形容一门外语。
For example, in a report about the 2015 Greek debt crisis, UK newspaper The Daily Telegraph carried the headline:
比如,在有关2015年希腊债务危机的一篇报道中,英国报刊《每日电讯报》的标题这样写道:
It's all Greek to me: a glossary of Eurozone crisis jargon.
It's all Greek to me: 欧元区危机的术语。
I'll never understand the rules of cricket: out for a duck, silly mid-off, googlies...It's all Greek to me!
我永远也搞不懂板球的术语:退场、低级失误、曲线球......对于我来说就像是天书一样!

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!