soulmate
灵魂伴侣;知音
I won't settle if he isn't my soulmate.
如果他不是我的“唯一”,我不会安定下来的。
engaged
已订婚的
/ɪnˈɡeɪdʒd/
Mary was engaged to Joe.
玛丽和乔订婚了。
propose
/prəˈpəʊz/
求婚
propose to sb
向某人求婚
He proposed to me.
他向我求婚了。
meant to be with each other/be perfect for each other
天生一对
经典对话
A: Have you heard the big news?
你听说那个特大新闻了吗?
B: What big news?
什么特大新闻?
A: Olivia and Nicholas are engaged. He proposed to her last night at a fancy restaurant.
奥利维亚和尼古拉斯订婚了,他昨晚在一家高级餐厅向她求婚了。
B: I didn't even know they were dating.
我压根就不知道他们俩在约会。
A: After Nicholas' ex-girlfriend cheated on him, they realized that they had a great friendship and that maybe they were meant to be with each other.
尼古拉斯的前女朋友背叛了他之后,他们才意识到彼此的友情有多深后,对方才是自己的那个人。
B: They really are perfect for each other. I can't think of a better matched couple than them.
他们俩真是天生一对,真是再没有什么人比他俩更般配了。
A: I heard that they're planning to have an extravagant wedding ceremony in a church with a reception in an expensive restaurant on the lake.
我听说他们打算在教堂办一场豪华的婚礼,还在湖边的一家高级餐厅订了酒席。
B: Have they asked anyone to be in a wedding party yet?
他们还有没有请人参加他们的婚礼?
A: I think Nicholas asked Jack to be his best man and olivia asked Kate to be her maid of honor.
我想尼古拉斯会邀请杰克做伴郎。奥利维亚会邀请凯特做伴娘。
B: It sounds like they've done a lot of planning in a very short time. Have they decided where they're going to go for their honeymoon?
好像他俩在很短的时间里策划了很多事情,他们决定去哪里度蜜月了吗?
A: I haven't heard where they will go yet, but I bet you they'll go to a beach somewhere. You know how they both love surfing.
这个倒还没有听说,不过我敢打赌肯定会去海边。你知道的,他们俩有多喜欢冲浪。
B: You know most people find it difficult to find their soulmate, but they've made it seem extremely easy.
要知道,想找个心灵相通的伴侣有多难,可是他们俩好像手到擒来。
朗读少了个go
日本語会話練習 回复 @日本語会話練習:
伴郎英文是the best man吗?伴娘英文与伴郎相差甚远
把d怕你五点半
So good
新娘:bride; 新郎:groom; 伴娘:bridesmaid, maid of honor; 伴郎:groomsman, best man; maid:女仆,侍女,(旅馆)女服务员
节目
这一天天更的都是些神马?我还是个孩子啊!