跟着露西学英语 食物的美语与英语的差异

跟着露西学英语 食物的美语与英语的差异

00:00
06:32

大家好 欢迎收看《和露西学英语》
Hello everyone, and welcomeback to English with Lucy.
今天 我准备了一个有关发音的视频给你看
I’ve got a pronunciationvideo for you today,
等下 不是吧
no I haven’t, I haven’t.
没有 这个不是有关发音的视频
I don’t, it’s not a pronunciation video.
大家好 欢迎收看《和露西学英语》
Hello everyone, and welcomeback to English with Lucy.
今天 我给你准备了一个有关
Today I’ve got an American versus British
美语与英语对比的视频
video for you today.
我很久之前做过一个
I did one ages ago,
我记得那是个有关美语vs英语的视频
I think it was just a video on American English
我还在这里放上了卡片
versus British English,I’ll put a card up here. But,
但是 最近我研究了
recently I was lookingat the names of foods
我们通常发错音的食物名字
that we commonly mispronounce.
那个视频马上就会跟大家见面 因为现在还没做好
That video will come outsoon, if it’s not already out. Then,
然后 我开始思考在食物上面
I started to think about the differences
美语和英语的区别
between American food and British food,
同一个食物的名字会怎样的不同呢
and how we have differentnames for the same thing. So,
所以 我觉得今天我们对此就来畅谈一下
I thought I would go through that list with you today. Quickly,
开始前
before we get started,
我要向你推荐Audible是多么好用
I’d just like to remind you how useful Audible is.
你可点击下方链接
You can click on the link below,
得到30天的免费试用
and get a 30 day free trial,
那是个免费的音频书
that’s a free audio book,
它将很大程度上帮助你提高听力以及口语
and it will seriously helpyou with your listening
因为你既可以看实体书
and your speaking, becauseyou can read an actual book,
又可以听到单词都是怎么发音的
and then you can listen tohow the words are pronounced.
阅读很重要 但是不会改善你的发音
Reading is great, but it doesn’timprove your pronunciation,
因为英语是种语言
because English isn’t a phonetic language. So,
如果你同时读听
if you team up readingwith listening as well,
会改善你的发音
it will also improve your pronunciation,
因为你会听到单词是怎么发音的
because you can hear howthe words are pronounced.
链接就在介绍栏里 还有些为英语学习者推荐的
The link is in the description, along with some audiobook recommendations
音频书 好的
for English learners. Right,
我们现在开始课程
let’s get on with the lesson. Okay,
那么 我将先说美语单词
so I’m going to saythe American word first,
然后再用英语
and then I’m going to the say the word
说一遍 那么
that we use in British English. So,
第一个
number one.
美语中 这个叫做香菜
In America, this would be cilantro.
Cilantro
Cilantro.
美式发音是 Cilantro
Do I need to do anAmerican accent, cilantro.
我知道 很糟糕 我的美国口音是很生疏的
Dreadful I know, my Americanaccent is so cringe worthy.
【轻笑】
(chuckles)
想打屏幕就打吧
Feel free to punch the screen.
在英国 英语里 我们管这个叫coriander
In the UK, in British English,we call this coriander.
香菜 所以
Coriander. So,
如果你正在看英国的食谱
if you’re readinga British recipe book,
比如Gordon Ramsey 或是Jamie Oliver写的
something by GordonRamsey or Jamie Oliver,
使用的coriander其实就是cilantro
and it says coriander, youknow that that’s cilantro.
请在下方评论你是否喜欢香菜
Comment down below, do youlove it do you hate it?
因为我喜欢 我男朋友不喜欢
Because I love it, andmy boyfriend hates it,
这让我在做饭的时候就要注意
and it makes meal times so stressful.
下一个 我在之前的视频里提到过
The next one, I did mentionthis in the previous video,
但是我觉得 它挺重要的 因为与食物有关
but I think it’s importantbecause it’s related to food.
它就是饼干
It is cookies.
cookies是美式英语
Cookies in American English.
英式英语是biscuits
In British English, we say biscuits,
我觉得这就挺美式的
which I understand issomething that Americans,
可以跟肉汁一起食用
it’s a sort of thing you have with gravy?
饼干和肉汁 我说的对吗?嗯
Biscuits and gravy, am I right there? Yeah,
但是对于我们来说 Biscuits 就是cookies 所以
but for us, biscuits are cookies. So,
我们总说 喝茶和Biscuits
we always have tea and biscuits.
或是 喝茶和Cookies
Tea and cookies. Next,
下一个 茄子
we have eggplant.
茄子 那么
Eggplant. So,
美国人说eggplant
the Americans call it eggplant,
而我最近发现为什么叫eggplant
and I found out recently whythey it call it eggplant.
我觉得 是因为它开花时
It’s because, I thinkit’s when the flowers,
或是结果时 它看起来想鸡蛋
or the fruit is growing,it does look like an egg.
但是在英式英语里 我们倾向于叫aubergine
But in British English, wetend to call it aubergine. Aubergine,
我觉得aubergine这个词挺好听的
which I thinkis a beautiful word.
我喜欢有aubergine发音在里面的
I love any word with the,
那个发音
sound in it, aubergine.
西班牙单词berenjenas听起来
It’s even sexier in Spanish though,
就更性感了
berenjenas.
berenjena 多么性感的植物 肯定有人也是这么认为的
Berenjena, what a sexyplant, who would’ve thought.
茄子
Aubergine.
下一个蔬菜
On to another vegetable.
在美国 人们管它叫zucchini(西葫芦)
In America, they say zucchini.
在英国 我们叫courgette
In the UK, we say courgette.
这是另一个听起来性感的单词
It’s another one of those sexy sounds. Courgette,
courgette 听起来还可爱 我觉得你也是这么觉得的
both lovelywords I think you’ll agree.
下一个
Next.
在美国 被叫做shrimp(虾)
In America, they’re called shrimp.
但是在英国 可能我们用shrimp来
But in England, we mightuse the word shrimp
形容非常小的虾 但是
for very small shrimp. But,
一般来说 我们会说prawns
in general we will say prawns.
对虾
Prawns. So,
那么 再大点的虾 我们说king prawns(王虾)
the big ones, we’llcall them king prawns,
或是tiger prawns(虎虾)
or tiger prawns,
但是小虾 美国人会说shrimp
but the small ones that Americans would refer to as shrimp,
但我们说prawns
we just call them prawns.
实际上我最爱夹虾在三明治里的了
That’s actually one of myfavourite sandwich fillings.
虾和蛋黄酱
Prawn mayo, prawn and mayonnaise.
下一个是糖果
The next one is candy.
当然 在美国 你说candy
Now of course, we would understand when you’re talking
我们会知道你在说什么
about candy in America.
但是在英式英语里
But in British English,
我们通常管candy叫做Sweets或是sweeties
we tend to refer to candy as sweets, or sweeties.
我觉得Sweeites有点像是孩子用的
I think sweeties is a littlebit more for children.
但是通常表示candy的sweets
But sweets, and thatnormally refers to candy,
不包含甜品呦
rather than puttingthe deserts as a whole.
如果我说 你想来点sweet吗
If I said do you want a sweet?
我不会给你甜点的 我会给你糖果
I wouldn’t be offering you desert, I would be offering you candy.
另一个相同套路的单词
another one which goes along the same lines,
在美国 人们管它叫cotton candy(棉花糖)
in America they would refer to it as cotton candy.
在英国 我们说candy floss
In the UK, we call it candy floss.
我比较喜欢
Candy floss.
candy floss
Which I actually prefer,
因为想想把棉花放在嘴里
because the thought of putting cotton in my mouth,
就让我觉得紧张 不舒服
it gives me the heebie-jeebies,it makes me feel weird.
下一个蔬菜有点沙拉的感觉
Another vegetable, sortof salad this time,
在美国 叫arugula(芝麻菜)
in American English, it’s arugula.
但是在英式英语里 叫rocket
But in British English, we call it rocket.
有点随意啊
A bit random.
我在之前的视频里提到过最后的这两个
The last two I have mentionedin a previous video.
一个跟炸有关
The first of the two being fries,
在美国 叫fries(薯条) 但是我们叫Chips
in America it’s fries, butwe would call it chips.
在美国 他们叫chips的东西
Then in America, they would the word chips
我们叫crisps(炸土豆片)
for what we call crisps.
它们都是土豆
So they’re all potatoes,
是不同的炸土豆的形式
they’re all differentforms of fried potatoes.
但是麦当劳的美国的薯条 我们叫chips
But American fries is inMcDonald’s fries, we call chips,
他们叫chips的东西
and then what they refer to as chips,
也就是一个比较硬的土豆零食
a hard potato snacks,
我们叫crisps
we call them crisps. Crisps,
很多英语学习者都
which a lot of English learners
纠结于crisps的发音
tend to struggle with, the pronunciation of crisps.
我听过很多读成crips(瘸子)
I hear a lot of cripsgoing on, but crisps. Right,
好吧 这就是今天的课程
that’s it for today’s lesson,
我希望你喜欢这个视频 也希望你有所收获
I hope you enjoyed it, andI hope you learnt something.
如果 你还能想出其它的
If you can think of any other food-related
有关食物的美语与英语的差异
American and English differences,
请在下方评论区留言
write it in the comments below.
我还想知道你是否喜欢吃香菜
I also want to know ifyou like coriander or not,
我们可以投个票啊
let’s have a vote.
请在下方评论 并一同分享
Comment below, and let meknow, and share the knowledge.
别忘了 去看看Audible
Don’t forget to check out Audible,
链接在介绍栏里 还有声频书推荐的链接呦
the link is in the description box, along with my audiobook recommendations.
别忘了在我所有的社交平台上
Don’t forget to connect with me
加我啊
on all of my social media,
我有脸书 Ins
I’ve got my Facebook,I’ve got my Instagram,
推特的账号
and I’ve got my Twitter,
我真心推荐你去看看我的Ins
and I really recommend checking out my Instagram,
因为我真的有些不错的福利
because I’ve got somereally exciting give aways.
目前只在英国境内
English related give aways,
马上会提供全球范围的福利
world wide give aways coming very, very soon,
涉及到一些不错的公司呦
with some awesome companies.
之前 我们做过图书福利
We did a great book give away the other day,
有很多开心的获奖者
we had some very happy winners,
所以 我真心推荐你去看看我的Ins
so I really recommend looking at my Instagram.
我会马上在下一个视频里见到大家
That being said, I will see you soon for another lesson.

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!