Don't take any chances.
别心存侥幸了。
A:Billy,you're late again.
比利,你又迟到了。
B:I'm sorry.I'm late.I overslept.Is the manager here today?
很抱歉我迟到了。我睡过头了。经理今天在吗?
A:Yes,he's in his office.
在。他在办公室里。
B:Oh,I hope he didn't notice me.
哦。但愿他没有在意到我。
A:Don't take any chances.It would be best if you told him and promised not to be late again.He's already mad at you for the last two times.Any more and he might fire you.
别心存侥幸了。你最好去告诉他。并且向他保证再也不会迟到了。他对你前两次的迟到已经很生气了。你再这样下去他会炒你鱿鱼的。
B:You're right.It won't happen again.Do you really think he would fire me?
你说得对。不会再这样了。你真的认为他会辞掉我吗?
A:I think he might.You'd better go to his office.
我想他会的。你最好还是去一趟他的办公室吧。
B:You're probably right.I'll go right now and apologize.I try hard not to be late,but it is difficult with the traffic.
也许你说的对,我马上去道个歉,我尽量以后不迟到了,但是交通实在让我很难做到这点。
背景音乐:Somebody done changed the lock on my door
打卡
Emily好棒,坚持听好久了
交通表示不背锅
if后面为什么用过去式told和promised
谢谢Emily
"think" spelled "thnik "
没有录音文本呢?
o
别心存侥幸了。
楠楠兄可以啊