作者:安托万·德·圣·埃克苏佩里
译文:转自“主题阅读网”
朗读:Bryan
Chapter 6
Oh, little prince! Bit by bit I came to understand the secrets of your sad little life...For a long time you had found your only entertainment in the quiet pleasure of looking at the sunset. I learned that new detail on the morning of the fourth day, when you said to me: “I am very fond of sunsets. Come, let us go look at a sunset now.”
啊!小王子,就这样,我逐渐懂得了你那忧郁的生活。过去相当长的时间里你唯一的乐趣就是观赏那夕阳西下的温柔晚景。这个新的细节,是我在第四天早晨知道的。你当时对我说道:"我喜欢看日落。我们去看一回日落吧!"
“But we must wait,” I said.
"可是得等着..."
“Wait? For what?”
"等什么?"
“For the sunset. We must wait until it is time.”
"等太阳落山。"
At first you seemed to be very much surprised. And then you laughed to yourself. You said to me:
开始,你显得很惊奇的样子,随后你笑自己的糊涂。你对我说:
“I am always thinking that I am at home!”
"我总以为是在我的家乡呢!"
Just so. Everybody knows that when it is noon in the United States the sun is setting over France. If you could fly to France in one minute, you could go straight into the sunset, right from noon. Unfortunately, France is too far away for that. But on your tiny planet, my little prince, all you need to do is move your chair a few steps. You can see the day end and the twilight falling whenever you like...
确实,大家都知道,在美国是正午时分,在法国,正夕阳西下,只要在一分钟内赶到法国就可看到日落。可惜法国是那么的遥远。而在你那样的小行星上,你只要把你的椅子挪动几步就行了。这样,你便可随时看到你想看的夕阳余辉...
“One day,” you said to me, “I saw the sunset forty-four times!”
"有一天,我看见过四十四次日落。"
And a little later you added:
过一会儿,你又说:
“You know - one loves the sunset, when one is so sad...”
"你知道,当人们感到非常苦闷时,总是喜欢日落的。"
“Were you so sad, then?” I asked, “on the day of the forty-four sunsets?”
"一天四十四次,你怎么会这么苦闷?"
But the little prince made no reply.
小王子没有回答。
小王子啊!(「・ω・)「嘿
我来了
加油,听到了这里,希望大大可以读下绿山墙的安妮。喜欢小王子,更喜欢绿山墙的安妮