put the pedal to the metal
尽全力做
I need to hand in this assignment on Friday. So I will have to put the pedal to the metal.
这份作业我周五就得交了,所以我得全力以赴。
A: Good morning, sir. Where would you like to go?
先生,早上好,您想去哪?
B: I need to be at the airport in 30 minutes.
我得在30分钟内到达机场。
A: The domestic or international terminal?
国内线还是国际线的航站楼?
B: International, thanks.
国际线的,谢谢。
A: I'll do my best, but the traffic is heavy at this time of the day. It's likely to take about 40 minutes.
我会尽力而为,但每天的这个时候交通很拥堵,很可能得花上约40分钟。
B: You'd better step on it, then. We don't have a second to waste.
但你最好开快点,我们连一秒钟也不能浪费。
A: Sir, instead of taking the freeway, I can take a shortcut. I'll be able to put the pedal to the metal and get there much quicker.
先生,如果不走高速公路我可以走捷径。我就可以把油门踩到底,到那里就会快多了。
B: Do whatever is necessary.
该做什么就去做吧。
A: Okay, fasten your seat belt; this could be a little bit hairy.
好的,把你的安全带系上,可能会有一点惊险。
为什么是metal?我查了一下是金属的意思,好像有点说不通,是不是应该是medal啊
心随雪飞扬 回复 @酒酿圆子523: 把脚踏板踩到金属板(车底盘)位置,我觉得应该这样是理解
medal是奖牌的意思,是不是把踏板踩到接触到金属,就是踩到底了。
1389483tene 回复 @终南山外: 对,踩到底,就是我们常说的地板油
开足马力🐴也可以这么说么?可以翻译成开足马力么?
打卡
1389954giro 回复 @1389954giro: 打卡
真的很好听,我好喜欢💕
hejusheju额u额何文浩,你的见到你1买买买嫩嗯嗯金额浴火银河好尴尬车主的激发干哈呵呵哈哈哈人也合格和合谷让哥哥忍忍吧不然爸爸干哈任何话3哈哈哈好吧vv个v额恶棍感受感受v电话说哈睡吧呃呃呃王大大方法发发发更好的呵呵呵个人v好的黄赌毒短发女你大几的你打忽然果然好人哈都好好的VRVRv发vVR不然不然忽然就人机人机居然居然就人机日日i
加油
hhh
你慢慢看