kvetch
/kvetʃ/
抱怨;爱抱怨的人
I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a kvetch.
对不起,我并不想一直抱怨。
Stop whining.
别发牢骚了。
a damp squib
空欢喜一场
A: This hotel room sucks.
这家宾馆的房间真烂。
B: Oh, stop complaining. We only have to stay here for one night.
别再抱怨了,我们只不过在这儿住一个晚上而已。
A: But the carpet smells like a wet dog and the bed is as hard as a rock.
可是这地毯闻起来有发霉的味道,而且床硬的像石头。
B: Why do you always have to kvetch? Let's just enjoy our vacation.
为什么你老是在挑刺?我们就好好享受假期吧。
A: Maybe I should complain to the manager.
或许我应该像宾馆经理反映
B: Please, just stop whining. Let's go down to the pool for a swim.
拜托,别再发牢骚了,我们下楼去泳池游个泳。
A: I'm sure the poor will turn out to be a damp squib as well.
我可以肯定那个游泳池肯定也是空欢喜一场。
B: Look, Phil. This hotel is not what I expected either, but there's nothing we can do about it.
听着,菲尔,这家宾馆也不如我所期待,但是我们不能改变什么。
A: Oh, okay, then. Finish your coffee and we'll go for a swim.
好吧,等你把咖啡喝完我们就去游泳。
B: I don't want to finish my coffee.
我不想把这杯咖啡喝光。
A: Why not?
为什么?
B: It sucks.
很难喝。
短而精,有助高效学习🌷
想听 英语美文朗读的朋友们 可以看一下我的发布!喜欢的话 希望能点赞订阅 这里Iris也欢迎大家指出我的不足~
发音精确,声音好听,感觉耳朵要怀孕了
poor 应该是pool
第一个应该是payment,而不是pavement吧
青苹果艾艾 回复 @1hv5b835ixyhbzhd0708: 为什么你老是在挑刺
打卡
1389954giro 回复 @1389954giro: 打卡
期待一直更新,真的听不够,Emily辛苦啦
day25
Emily.are you a English teacher?
Emily,The poor turn out中pool的单词拼写错误了吧。
1301946xmdj 回复 @ShiQY_tg: Poor是穷的意思吧是我了