1. Good morning, Binary systems. Derek’s speaking. How may I help you?
Good Morning / Chic Boutique/ Mary / How may I help you /
A. Greetings+your name+I am calling because...
B. Greetings+your name+I am calling to confirm...
C. Greetings+your name+I am calling to cancel...
D. Greetings+your name+I am calling to tell you that....
2. Hello, this is Derek calling from the Post Office. I am calling to confirm my appointment with Mr. Smith.
Hello, this is Derek calling from the Post Office. I am calling to cancel the 9 o’clock meeting with Mr. Davidson.
Hello, this is Derek calling from the Post Office. I am calling to tell you that I can’t attend the Board Meeting tomorrow because I hurt my back.
3. Hello, is Mr. Bradley in today?
Hello, could I talk to Mr.Bradley, please?
Hello, can you put me through to Mr. Bradley, please?
特色短语：put me through to (sb.)
I am afraid Mr. Bradley is not available. Would you like to leave a message?
I am afraid Mr. Bradley is not available. Would you like to hold?
I’d like to leave a message.
Would you please ask him to give me a call?
4. May I speak to someone in the Finance department please?
May I speak to someone in +n. ( IT department / HR department / Accounting）?
5. Could you please put me through to the finance department please?
Is it possible for me to speak to the finance manager please?
6. I am sorry, could you please repeat that?/ Would you mind spelling that out for me?
Good morning, Rosemary’s Bookshop? How may I help you?
speak to / manager?
Could I speak to the manager please?
Who is calling please?
Your name / company name
This is jack Davidson from Cambridge university press.
I am afraid the line is engaged.
leave a message
Could I leave a message?
Okay. Go ahead.
Give me a call
Would you please ask him to give me a call？
Of course, could you please let me have your number please?
give your number
Certainly. It’s 086 150 1111 0302
Thank you. I’ll make sure he gets the message.