The perfect pet
 3.64万

The perfect pet

倍速播放下载收听

00:00
05:10

关注微信公众号:米乐英语亲子阅读 ,领取精美电子绘本。私信小编领取更多福利哦。我们新推出了《北美经典儿歌优选》,大家记得点击米乐英语电台收听和订阅哦~


边看绘本边听睡前故事吧~~

A hen went into a pet shop.

一只母鸡走进了宠物店。

"May I help you?" asked the pig behind the counter.

“我能为您做点什么吗?”站在柜台后的猪店员说。

"I want a pet," said the hen. 

“我想买只宠物,”母鸡说。

"That's why I'm here."

“我就是为这个来的。”


"How about a mouse?" said the pig.

“老鼠怎么样?”猪说。

"Very small,quiet,a perfect pet."

“它很小,很安静,会是个完美的宠物。”

"No,no,no," said the hen,

“不,不,不,”母鸡说。

"a mouse is too squeaky."

“老鼠老是吱吱叫。”

"How about a rabbit?" said the pig.

“那兔子呢?”猪店员说。

"Rabbits never squeak and they're cuddly pets."

“兔子从来不吱吱叫,它们多讨人喜欢啊。”

"No,no,no," said the hen,"a rabbit isn't right ...

“不,不,不,”母鸡摇摇头,“兔子也不对 ...

What's that,over there?"

那是什么,那边那个?”


"That," said the pig,"is a fox."

“那个,”猪店员说,“是只狐狸。”

"I'll take him," said the hen.

“我就要它了,”母鸡决定道。

"He's just what I want."

“他就是我想要的宠物。”

"She's crazy," muttered the pig.

“她是不是疯了,”猪店员喃喃自语道。

"Dotty as a doughnut...

“古里古怪的 ...

Do you want him wrapped, Madam?"

你想把它打包带走吗,女士?”


"No,thank you," said the hen.

“不用了,谢谢,”母鸡说。

"We're walking home."

“我们就这么走回去。”

She paid the pig,took the fox by the paw, 

她付完账,牵着狐狸的瓜子

and off they went.

走了。

They had only gone a little way,

他们还没走出多远,

when the fox sat down.

狐狸就坐下来了。

"I'm thirsty," he said.

“我渴了,”狐狸说。

"Foxes need plenty of lemonade to drink."

“狐狸需要喝很多柠檬水。”

"I didn't know that," said the hen.

“我还真不知道这个,”母鸡说。

"I'll make you some lemonade when we get home."

“回家了我会给你泡柠檬水的。”


"I have to rest," said the fox a little later.

“我得休息一下,”没一会儿狐狸又说道。

"Foxes can't walk very far."

“狐狸走不了多远。”

"I didn't know that," said the hen ...

“这个我也不知道,”母鸡说 ...

"Sit in my shopping trolley. I'll push you."

"坐到我的小推车上来吧,我推你。”


The hen was hot and tired by the time they reached her house.

到家的时候母鸡已经又热又累了。

She made a jug of lemonade,

她泡了一大壶柠檬水。

but the fox drank it all 

但是狐狸一下就喝完了,

before she could pour herself a glassful.

她还没来得及给自己倒一杯呢。


"I'm hungry," said the fox."Where's the pie?"

“我饿了,”狐狸说。“饼在哪儿?”

"Pie?" said the hen. "Is that what foxes eat?

“饼?”母鸡问道。“狐狸是吃饼的吗?

I didn't know that!"

这个我又不知道了!”

"Foxes loves pie," said the fox.

“狐狸可喜欢吃饼了,”狐狸回答道。

"Can you make pastry?"

“你能给我做点点心吃吗?”

"Of course,right away," said the hen.

“当然可以啦,马上好,”母鸡回答道。

"Hurry it up," said the fox."I'm starving."

“快点儿,”狐狸说,“我要饿死了。”

"Hens loves pie,too," said the hen.

“其实母鸡也喜欢吃饼,”母鸡说。

"Apple,blackberry ...worm pie is my favourite. 

“我们还喜欢吃苹果,黑莓 ...虫子饼是我最爱吃的。

What sort of pie do you like?" she asked the fox.

你喜欢吃什么饼呢?”母鸡问狐狸。


"You'll see," said the fox,as he popped the pastry into a pie dish

“你会知道的,”狐狸说,它急匆匆地把饼放进盘子里,

 and tossed in a few sliced mushrooms.

又扔进去一些切好的蘑菇。

"It's a surprise."

“这是个惊喜。”

"This IS interesting," said the hen."What's next?"

“真是有趣啊。”母鸡说。“然后呢?”

"Next," said the fox,

“然后,”狐狸说,

"is a nice,fat hen-not too clever."

“我们要放一只善良的,肥肥的,不太聪明的母鸡。”

"That's me!" said the hen.

“那不是我吗?”母鸡说。

"I'm nice and fat and not too never."

“我就是善良的,肥肥的,不太聪明的母鸡。”


"Well,"said the fox,

“是啊,”狐狸说,

"what are you waiting for? Jump in!"

“那你还等什么?还不快跳进来!”

"Good grief!" squawked the hen.

“天哪!”母鸡大叫道。

"You were making CHICKEN pie!

“你在做鸡肉饼!

I didn't know THAT!"

这我可不知道啊”


And she whacked the fox 

接着她拿起炖锅

on the head with a saucepan,

砸向狐狸的头,

threw him in her shopping trolley,

然后把晕了的狐狸扔到小推车里,

and marched right back to the pet shop.

快步走回了宠物店。

"You were right," said the hen to the pig behind the counter.

“你说的对,”猪对站在柜台后面的猪店员说。

"I don't want a fox."

“我不想要狐狸了。”


"Well,well," said the pig.

“好的,好的,”猪店员说。

"Do you see anything else you like?"

“你看看有没有什么别的喜欢的宠物?”

"I like that one over there," said the hen.

“我喜欢那边那个,”母鸡说。

"That's exactly the pet I want. 

“那就是我想要的宠物。

Wrap it up,please."

包起来,谢谢。”

"Anything you say!" said the pig ...

“你说了算!”猪店员一边说 ...


as he wrapped up the crocodile.

一边把鳄鱼包了起来。


评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!

打开喜马拉雅,发表评论