The Little Prince Chapter 19
After that, the little prince climbed a high mountain.
随后,小王子爬上了一座高山。
The only mountains he had ever known were the three volcanoes, which came up to his knees. And he used the extinct volcano as a footstool.
他只见过自己星球上的三座火山。它们只有膝盖那么高,而且他把那座熄灭了的火山当凳子。
"From a mountain as high as this one," he said to himself, "I shall be able to see the whole planet at one glance, and all the people…"
小王子自言自语地说道:“从这么高的山上,我应该一眼就可以看到整个星球,以及所有的人。”
But he saw nothing, save peaks of rock that were sharpened like needles.
可是,他看到的只是一些非常锋利的悬崖峭壁。
"Good morning," he said courteously.
“早上好。”小王子试探地问道。
"Good morning--Good morning--Good morning," answered the echo.
“早上好……早上好……早上好……”听到的只有回音。
"Who are you?" said the little prince.
“你们是什么人?”小王子问。
"Who are you--Who are you--Who are you?" answered the echo.
“你们是什么人……你们是什么人……你们是什么人……”回音回答道。
"Be my friends. I am all alone," he said.
“请你们做我的朋友吧,我很孤独。”他说。
"I am all alone--all alone--all alone," answered the echo.
“我很孤独……我很孤独……我很孤独……”回音又回答着。
"What a queer planet!" he thought. "It is altogether dry, and altogether pointed,and altogether harsh and forbidding.
小王子想:“这颗行星真奇怪!它哪里都是干巴巴的,又锋利又险峻。
And the people have no imagination. They repeat whatever one says to them…
人们一点想象力都没有,只会重复别人对他们说过的话……
On my planet I had a flower; she always was the first to speak…"
在我的星球上,有一朵花,她总是第一个开口说话的……”
小姐姐声音超好听啊啊啊,寒假跟着您读名著,您的发音超标准,而且有一种身临其境的感觉! 望继续更新哇,我等着您!
局限号了 回复 @L梵一凡: 你们好啊!
真好,跟我读原著的感觉一样温柔
真的超级温柔o
想更新的点赞
听友222613521 回复 @听友222613521: 一
只有心灵才能洞察一切,有些东西用心去看才能看清楚!
英文声音,很治愈
赞
the echo 后面元音发音开头,应该读 /thi /不应该读 /thε/
小姐姐真棒👍💖💖💖🍓🍓🍓
早起的老师有人赞!